I love my blackberry! 'nuff said! But I am wanting to upgrade at the end of the month and I almost had my eyes on the new palm pixi but I can't fully decide!

I love all the functionality of my bb, I'm not a phone guru so it suits my needs/wants. If I upgraded it would have to be to a phone that still had all the features of my current bb. I love being able to put new themes on my phone so that would have to be an option too. I'm not totally crazy about the touch screens although I wouldn't completely rule one out either. If you love your phone and it's an upgrade to the one I currently have, let me know what you love about it!

Thanks in advance!
    12-10-09 06:26 PM
    I just got my upgrade today in the mail. I was a blackberry curve 8330 user for about a year, I upgraded to the 8530 and I couldn't be more satisfied. Excellent battery life. Right now I'm running wifi, 3G, media player and the browser. My battery is great. The keyboard feels a little different but I'm getting use to it. Features are great. Lag is virtually gone. its a great phone. I would recommend you try out the curve and see if you like it since you'll have 30 days to take a test run. Good luck!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 06:36 PM
    try the TOUR or if you want to use a trackpad 8530 is waiting for you.
    12-10-09 10:54 PM
    You may have your eye on the Pixi, but coming from the Curve, that keyboard is atrocious. Those tiny keys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 11:21 PM
    I also read a horrible review of the Pixi, the reviewer said that it's mind numbingly slow, and it lags like crazy. Looks like they loaded it with WebOS, but didn't give it the necessary processing power to run it, so it locks and sputters, here, read for yourself:
    Palm Pixi Review - Palm pixi review - Gizmodo

Here's the CNET review, I haven't read this one though...
    Palm Pixi (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Here's my question, are you wanting to stay with Sprint, or are you open to switching carriers as well? I would agree with the Tour or the Curve 8530 as your two best choices for upgrade if you want to stay with a BB. The bottom line is that if you upgrade to something other than a BB, you won't have all the exact same features of a BB, which you state is something that you want.

If you want to go to a Palm, I would suggest looking at the Pre before the Pixi, it's going to be faster, larger screen, and it's cheaper...

I'd go with the Tour... but then I already did!
    12-11-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD