I've been wanting threaded sms for awhile now so i decided to upgrade to OS 5.0

I used this link to help me through it:

f132/how-upgrade-downgrade-your-operating-system-208714

( i can't post links yet but just add forums.crackberry.com in front of that)

I got to the point where it asks me to choose what to add or remove from my device and there is no checkbox for OS 5.0 (its not even on the list)

WHat am i doing wrong here??
    10-11-09 06:18 PM
    If you put the cursor on the core applications in the list then click on Details, you can see the installed version and version to be installed. The version to be installed should be 5.0
    10-11-09 07:15 PM
    If you put the cursor on the core applications in the list then click on Details, you can see the installed version and version to be installed. The version to be installed should be 5.0
    The thing is there is no "core applications" it only says Email setup application, CBlauncher, Poynt, Blackberry App world. Those are the only options there is no option to click on OS 5.0
    10-11-09 08:37 PM
    What version of DM are you using? If you are using DM 5.0, you might have a hidden vendor.xml file on your PC. Do an Advanced search for vendor.xml, making sure you search hidden and system files everywhere on your main hard drive. Remove the file when you find it.

Also, try doing the upgrade from C:Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader by double-clicking the loader.exe file.
    10-11-09 08:52 PM
    What version of DM are you using? If you are using DM 5.0, you might have a hidden vendor.xml file on your PC. Do an Advanced search for vendor.xml, making sure you search hidden and system files everywhere on your main hard drive. Remove the file when you find it.

Also, try doing the upgrade from C:Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader by double-clicking the loader.exe file.
    Yes, I'm using DM 5.0. Ill look for the file when I get home in an hour

Also, that is how I'm doing the update via Loader.exe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 09:39 PM
    Make sure to search hidden files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD