I was previously the proud owner of a red Pearl, but after seeing the curves (and their lovely full sized keyboards), I was swayed to the dark side. I made a backup of all my messages/addresses/calendar entries/etc from the pearl, and then transferred that data to the Curve. So far so good. I went in to personal email setup and re verified my accounts. So far so good. I went and sent myself a test email. The email sent properly. However, I never received the email I sent myself. I went and looked at my gmail inbox and sure enough it was there. I tried sending myself an email from gmail off of my laptop and still never received the email.

Any idea as to why suddenly I can SEND emails from my gmail account (not using the gmail application by the way) but not RECEIVE any emails? Also, this applies for my att.blackberry.net account as well.
    06-10-08 11:27 AM
    a similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago when my Curve #1 **** the bed. I think you need to go back into the Blackberry Internet Service site and put in your new PIN and IMEI. hope that helps
    06-10-08 11:31 AM
    Do you have a filter set up to prevent receiving copies of your "Sent Items" from G-Mail? This will prevent you from sending e-mails to yourself. Try sending with another account or even try setting up another account to see if it's an issue server-side.
    06-10-08 11:32 AM
    Do you have a filter set up to prevent receiving copies of your "Sent Items" from G-Mail? This will prevent you from sending e-mails to yourself. Try sending with another account or even try setting up another account to see if it's an issue server-side.
    I've never set one up, so not that I know of. I'll look to verify though.
    06-10-08 11:38 AM
    a similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago when my Curve #1 **** the bed. I think you need to go back into the Blackberry Internet Service site and put in your new PIN and IMEI. hope that helps
    Stupid question but how do I get to this?
    06-10-08 11:39 AM
    I just went ahead and resent my service books to see if that makes any difference. Will see in about 20 minutes I suppose.
    06-10-08 11:42 AM
    And now the flood gates open - just got about 30 emails in the past 10 seconds. Looks like resending the service book fixed this. Thanks for the help!
    06-10-08 11:44 AM
    While I'm here though, since someone had mentioned it, is there a way when I send out emails via gmail on my blackberry that I don't get a copy of the email saying that it was delivered to the recipient or whatever? I get my sent email with the check mark next to it which is fine, but then I also get an email saying the email was sent as well.
    06-10-08 11:46 AM
    Yes, simply go into your e-mail, go to Options -> E-mail settings -> Confirm Delivery and set it to "No".

Side note: every e-mail account will have different settings, be sure to set it on each account.
    06-10-08 11:55 AM
    Yes, simply go into your e-mail, go to Options -> E-mail settings -> Confirm Delivery and set it to "No".

Side note: every e-mail account will have different settings, be sure to set it on each account.
    Sounds good. Thanks again for your help.
    06-10-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD