Just wondering if everyone else is having the same problem as me. I've upgraded to 4.5 OS and still cannot read html emails. I know there are programs out there like BB smart and empower, but I thought with the new upgrade I should be able to read html emails.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    05-21-08 03:48 PM
    The html viewer is a carrier system upgrade.. The official 4.5 has not been released yet, so your carrier has not upgraded its service. It is not a handheld upgrade. Sorry, you're stuck dealing with it until it officially releases.
    05-21-08 03:59 PM
    BB Smart will also not work with 4.5
    05-21-08 04:06 PM
    The html viewer is a carrier system upgrade.. The official 4.5 has not been released yet, so your carrier has not upgraded its service. It is not a handheld upgrade. Sorry, you're stuck dealing with it until it officially releases.
    Actually the upgrade is both carrier/corporate and handset. The handset must be on 4.5 and the carrier's BIS or your work BES must be on a revision that has HTML email transcoding.
    05-21-08 04:10 PM
    Thanks all. Guess I just have to wait.
    05-21-08 04:10 PM
    any ETA for this?
    05-21-08 04:20 PM
    any ETA for this?
    haha, that's the magic question. Everyone has had their guesses with this one. But it still will be a while after the OS is released before your provider upgrades.

JRSCcivic98 - Good Catch, you're right! Thanks for correcting!
    05-21-08 04:24 PM
    Mine works. I had to change my other e-mail reader(Empower) to the "deny" setting for everything. Before reading an e-mail, left click and you should see BB Smart Options (for the options screen). Modify settings as needed and reboot. Yes, you will still get some links. But, you should also get some "embedded" pics and color in the e-mails.

Initially, "only" BES users will be available to view HTML e-mails without attachments. Again, BIS (thru AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, etc..) users will have to wait on the carriers. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 05-21-08 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Time for a beer, .......er, beverage after work.
    05-21-08 04:26 PM
    Also, BB Smart (and some other 3rd party apps) will ask you to activate/buy.....everytime you change your OS to either upgrade or downgrade.
    05-21-08 04:51 PM
    Sooo, Quick Question:

If And When The 4.5 OS Comes Out, And I Get It, Do I Still Need To Wait 'Till My Carrier Also Upgrades?!?
    05-21-08 04:54 PM
    I have AT&T and what you guys are saying is that when i bought empower for my email, its just a waste of money cuz 4.5 will be able to have HTML mail???
    05-21-08 04:57 PM
    Technically speaking the release of the OS will coinside with the release for the carrier BIS.... technically. At least, that's how I'd do it.
    05-21-08 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD