I was trying to get one of our executives 8300 curve phone synced with his groupwise calendar. He had most of his appts on his phone, with just a few appts on his phone.

To start I could not get anything to sync, I would get errors stating the wrong username and password. I tried everything, finally downloaded the latest desktop manager 5.0.

When I rebooted and redid the config on the synchronize, it started syncing, but it also started doing a upgrade and running through some steps. Which lasted about 20 minutes.

When it finished, I was able to run the synch without any errors. The desktop and icons on the phone looked completely different, like it got an OS upgrade.

Now, Here is the sucky part. The original appts on the phone are gone and the only appts left are the ones that were synced from Groupwise. Groupwise only has its own appts and no appts from the phone.

So, all appts from the phone are gone.

I did a backup before the upgrade, but it doesn't show any appts. I have found 3 .ipd files and none of them have appts. 2 backup files are on the computer and 1 is in the my documents mapped to the File Server.

Anyone know if there is anyway I can retrieve the appts from the phone? Any hidden places I can look on the computer? Can I restore the phone to before it was upgrades?

Thanks in advance.
    Troy
    09-18-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD