I have a Curve 8300 from AT&T/Cingular. I am using it with unlimited medianet and no blackberry data plan. I am having a few download issues on a relatively few sites for some reason and thought updating the OS might help. However after downloading the newest OS for AT&T and being on the verge of installing it, a warning came up and said that when I installed the update, the phone would have to be "activated wirelessly" before I could send messages, etc.

Is this just a standard warning or is it likely my phone will no longer access the net as I am doing now?

My current version is 4.2.2.89 Platform 2.4.0.39 is upgrading to the newest version likely to really help things any? I have already run the calendar patch on the current system.

What do you gurus think??

BTW: My profile says I have an 8100, but I exchanged that for the 8300 recently.

Jimw
    12-13-07 09:13 PM
    It just means you will need to send your service books after install, which in most cases, they get pumped out to your device anways on a fresh reboot of your device, if not you have to login to your BIS account and push them your self, your fine, just update.
    12-13-07 09:30 PM
    Therein lies the potential problem...I don't have a BIS account...I use cingular medianet not blackberry. I have a backup, and I assume I could load the service book from that?
    12-13-07 09:43 PM
    don't understand.....you use medianet email rather then a bb email address you mean?...if thats the case yes, your back up will hold your service books, but why do you not have a BIS account, you dont NEED to set up an email to have a BIS account, you can set one up without any email addresses.
    12-13-07 09:51 PM
    I don't have a bb internet account at all. No blackberry data plan. I use the medianet access because it is cheaper and does what I need to do.
    12-13-07 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD