Hi. My contract will be up soon on my lovely curve. Question is do I keep it or upgrade?

My service provider was telling me about the 8520 but not sure if I like the idea of a track pad rather than scroll ball, and apparently it doesn't have 3G? Or there's the 8900 too...

The only fault (?) my 8320 has is it doesn't play videos, but I love everything else about it.

Do I stick with what i know or take the plunge?
    10-14-09 10:59 AM
    what sort of videos wont play?

I'd say keep it as a backup at least and get a new toy if you can afford it.
    10-14-09 11:02 AM
    Come over to the dark side, Storm is it. Go with the touchscreen you know you want to.....
    10-14-09 11:04 AM
    My 8320 plays vids, methinks. At least youtube and stuff. Anyways, I'm holding out for the new 3g the guy at TMO told me is coming out pretty soon. Until then, things are good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 11:09 AM
    LOL @ dark side!

I can't resist a noo toy but want make the right decision.

Re: videos - It plays ones I make, but streamed ones like youtube it won't. The media player screen comes up for ages, then after it's timed out everything dies and I need to reboot.

Thanks for the replies
    10-14-09 11:10 AM
    wait for another month or so and check back with your provider

the new blackberry 9700 aka onyx will be released in late nov or early dec. this is what i am waiting for. it looks like the result of the 8900 and the bold if they did the nasty and made a baby

3g, 3.2mp camera, same size and footprint as the 8900
    10-14-09 01:11 PM
    Listen to BlackCRX. Go with the new 9700 aka onyx aka bold 2. The new optical track pad curve isn't really much of a upgrade and imo I think its not really a 'sturdy' feeling phone after playing with it for a few hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 02:12 PM
    Cheers. I'm in no rush so can wait.

Looking at the 9700, and reading the Part 1 review it looks cool... but that leather-effect back plate... WTF? *shudders*
    10-14-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD