Hi i am new to blavkberry and cb tring to install a new os and i keep geting a fatal err has occurred while updating what do i do HELLLLLLLLP
    05-01-09 08:53 AM
    i have a 8320
    05-01-09 08:54 AM
    Click on how to cover a dead BB link in my signature
    05-01-09 09:00 AM
    Hi i am new to blavkberry and cb tring to install a new os and i keep geting a fatal err has occurred while updating what do i do HELLLLLLLLP
    It is not clear where you are receiving the error.

Does it occur during the install of BlackBerry Desktop Software, Device OS software or during the loading process?
    05-01-09 09:37 AM
    I get the exact same error on my Bold. It happens when I try to load new applications using the BB Desktop. I think it might have something to do with it trying to update the BB 4.6 Core Application and something is going wrong. My problem is that now I cannot load any new software, because if I unclick the upgrade of the software it marks it to be removed!

I am a very new user, so any help will be much appreciated!

Stienie
    05-02-09 08:35 AM
    I get the exact same error on my Bold. happens when I try to load new applications using the BB Desktop. I think it might have something to do with it trying to update the BB 4.6 Core Application and something is going wrong. My problem is that now I cannot load any new software, because if I unclick the upgrade of the software it marks it to be removed!

I am a very new user, so any help will be much appreciated!

Stienie
    Can we verify a couple things first?

Have you installed a carrier supported upgrade?

Did your upgrade result in a working OS?

If so, I assume you are having trouble with third party applications, the ones that are supplied as COD and ALX files. They can be installed or removed at will, you can do that with Core Applications.
    05-02-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD