Hey all,

I've been reading up on many of the posts here with regard to upgrading my 8330 Curve (VZW) from version 4.3 to 4.5. I'm just paranoid about options being reset or things being lost, regardless if I use the DM to backup my device. One of the things I an unsure is whether or not that backup includes the order of the icons on my menu screen. Will that be taken care of, or do I need to remember it and restore myself? Also, will my third-party apps like Twitterberry and Facebook be backed up as well?

Thanks.

-Jason
    02-16-09 05:02 PM
    That is usually taken care of. After my upgrade I did not have to change a thing icon and app wise so unless I screwed mine up u should be good. Just in case let's wait for a guru to cofirm this. Lol. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 05:05 PM
    LOL, yes, I will wait for another response. In the meantime, how did your transition go? Any problems since upgrading, or did it actually fix any issues you may have been having? I'm of the belief that if it ain't broke, don't fix it ... but I really want HTML e-mail.
    02-16-09 05:08 PM
    I believe the same thing. I held out for a long time. I hated to have to upgrade but the 4.2 add contact issue in bbm for me at least I did not like. I had to add theperson to address book etc with pin to then send a request or iit would stay in pending mode. 4.5 resolved this for me. I also wanted to upgrade as my favorite free theme maker only does 4.5 now lol. The upgrade was simple and problem free. If you do have a snag CB folks will assist. No worries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 05:14 PM
    That depends...the order of your icons is themed based. if you use a theme that came with or made for 4.3/4.5 you would not have to rearrange your icons after a re-boot/re-start. If you use a version that was for 4.2 i.e. Dimension Today Plus from RIM which has not been updated to my knowledge, you will have to re-arrange your icons to where they were. I use the Dimension Today Plus theme and I have to re-arrange my icons after a re-boot. It's a little bit of a pain but I deal with.
    02-16-09 05:22 PM
    I don't use any special theme, I just use the VZW theme that came with the phone (though I use a different, pre-installed wallpaper). So I should be in the clear then?

Also, I just noticed I am running version 4.3.0.17 of the BB Desktop Manager. Should I upgrade to version 4.5 or 4.6 (and I now see it is asking me to fill out a form before I upgrade that includes my work info, why is this necessary if I don't use my device for work)?
    02-16-09 05:27 PM
    If you do get 4.5 or 4.6 only not 4.7 - also I will suggest getting it without media manager
    02-16-09 05:50 PM
    If you do get 4.5 or 4.6 only not 4.7 - also I will suggest getting it without media manager
    Why do you suggest no media manager? I know the download will be reduced if I do without it, but I actually find it quite useful in managing my media files.
    02-16-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD