I am running a Verizon Curve 8330
    v4.5.0.77
    platform 3.2.0.51

I would like to know if there is an update for my device. I realize that they have stickies up on the first page. However, I am a relative newbie and am uncertain as to which update to use when I get to the BB website. None of the updates match my platform or v. I am unsure if they even need to match or not. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! And again, I am sorry to bother the forums with my problems.
    03-11-09 09:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-152163/

.77 Is the latest for verizon .131 is the latest for the 8330 you can ugrade to that one.. just make sure you delete the vendor.xml file
    03-11-09 09:47 PM
    Depending on your comfort level...there is a newer version out for the 8330 for Sprint. However, Verizon users can use the upgrade by deleting the vendor.xml file.
    Just so you know, you don't have to match the platforms or anything like that, all upgrades are device specific, so just make sure that you only use OS software that is for the 8330 Curve.

And don't worry, that's what the forum is here for. I asked all sorts of weird stuff when I first got mine...so no worries!
    03-11-09 09:50 PM
    OS's are device specific. As long as the OS says it's for the 8330 it will work. All that's needed is to delete the Vendor.xml as mentioned.
    03-12-09 06:56 AM
    I would recommend that you read as much as you can on updating OS before you attempt this as you mentioned you are a newbie. It is not hard to do but you just need to read everything carefully. And like one other user stated, your question is what this forum is about...getting help.
    03-12-09 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD