I wrote in a few days ago asking why my BB Curve 8310 would no longer "go to sleep" when fastened into my belt clip holster and would not "wake up" when taken out of the holster.

My belt clip holster is the kind that when my BB is fastened into it, all you see is the back side of the phone. I'm saying, in other words, it's not a leather pouch or one of those kinds.

I had a couple of suggestions, but, they weren't the answer.

I NOW HAVE THE ANSWER !!

After several unnecessary handset exchanges I found the answer today at my local AT&T store.

If you have a REAL RIM holster like mine, on the back side at the bottom you will see a shiny black circle that's even and flat with the back of the holster. Mine was missing, and there was an empty indention where the circle was.

EUREKA!! That was the MAGNET that controls the screen going to sleep and waking when using that kind of holster.

So, this was all just to let those of you who have holsters, if you're screen starts getting flakey, look at that magnet BEFORE you go thru the trouble of a handset exchange.

Just thought you might file this for future reference.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Steph
    08-05-08 05:20 PM
    I wrote in a few days ago asking why my BB Curve 8310 would no longer "go to sleep" when fastened into my belt clip holster and would not "wake up" when taken out of the holster.

My belt clip holster is the kind that when my BB is fastened into it, all you see is the back side of the phone. I'm saying, in other words, it's not a leather pouch or one of those kinds.

I had a couple of suggestions, but, they weren't the answer.

I NOW HAVE THE ANSWER !!

After several unnecessary handset exchanges I found the answer today at my local AT&T store.

If you have a REAL RIM holster like mine, on the back side at the bottom you will see a shiny black circle that's even and flat with the back of the holster. Mine was missing, and there was an empty indention where the circle was.

EUREKA!! That was the MAGNET that controls the screen going to sleep and waking when using that kind of holster.

So, this was all just to let those of you who have holsters, if you're screen starts getting flakey, look at that magnet BEFORE you go thru the trouble of a handset exchange.

Just thought you might file this for future reference.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Steph
    Yup, that little magnet is a bugger lol
    08-05-08 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD