Hey quick question. My DM just updated itself to 5.0 � does that mean my curve is ready to be updated to 5.0? Should I connect it to my pc? Thanks!
    11-25-09 09:19 PM
    No, unfortunately that is not the case. We will all be waiting for an official 5.0 OS. You. Could try a leaked ver?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:53 PM
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager version and the device OS version are two different things.
    11-26-09 07:14 AM
    Completely different things. I got excited the first time too. And my apologies to adam zeis and the whole podcast group but the new BBM is in fact BBM 5.0. When you download it onto your phne OTA. That's the version number that comes up. I know its really only the second version of it, but for one reason or another its 5.0 when its done over OTA. Just wanted to point that out. You guys know a **** of a lot better than I do. So yea I'm done now llol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 08:55 AM
    I suspect the Desktop Manager and the device software were version matched, at one time.... v1.0.

BlackBerry support software comes in two distinct packages, the desktop and the device software. It makes sense because either can be upgraded independently of the other, as we have seen with the recent Desktop Manager upgrade.

11-26-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD