Ok so i got my 8330 yesterday... all was well , and everything was working great, and last night before bed i went to check my mail , and i cant scroll up... it took me 10 min to realize if i push down the ball to almost click , and then scroll up it will kind of scroll....... but it will no longer scroll just sitting....... the guy i bought it from said it has a brand new trackball in it ... any ideas ?
    04-30-09 10:08 AM
    try a battery pull first.. with the device on, take the battery out for 30 secs then replace.
    04-30-09 10:10 AM
    try a battery pull first.. with the device on, take the battery out for 30 secs then replace.
    Did it , it feels like its almost getting caught on something or , sticks then kind of scrolls a little..
    04-30-09 10:11 AM
    You can take the trackball out, it may be dust or lint, blow it out, or use canned air. There are videos on google and youtube on how to remove it.
    04-30-09 10:12 AM
    easy fix...

Take a small toothpick or mini screwdriverand pry up on the chrome ring, it will just pop off. Then remove the trackball and clean it and clean the space its in. Just make sure you put the trackball back in the same way you took it out, same for the bezel.
    04-30-09 10:14 AM
    You can take the trackball out, it may be dust or lint, blow it out, or use canned air. There are videos on google and youtube on how to remove it.
    Ok , have you done it ? is it pretty easy ?
    04-30-09 10:14 AM
    easy fix...

Take a small toothpick or mini screwdriverand pry up on the chrome ring, it will just pop off. Then remove the trackball and clean it and clean the space its in. Just make sure you put the trackball back in the same way you took it out, same for the bezel.
    OK thanks ! , i will try it , what do you suggest i clean it with ? rubbing alchoal ?
    04-30-09 10:25 AM
    Its really simple. i do it 4903 times a day working for a service and repair store...
    just pop off. pull the track ball out and just blow on it and roll it around. then put everything back and you should be just fine.
    04-30-09 11:04 AM
    If worse comes to worse you can always repalce the trackball. They have some on the fonlogix website in different colors as well as the standard white.
    04-30-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD