So yea the jack on my 8330m is non responsive. I'll play music or video and will hear everything on speaker as usual but when I insert the headphones the sound dosn't transfer the the headphones it just stays on speaker. I've tried toggoling the headset feature manually but not even that works. I've also ran quick pull plus done a manual battery pull and no luck. Funny thing is I seem to recall this having had happend to me once before but don't recall how I fixed it. Another thing that worries me is that while changing the face plate some electrostatic electricity might have seeped in and is now causing funny buisness. I need some support people anyone found a fix to this? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 07:07 PM
    I have this issue as well, though it's not completely unresponsive- it kicks back and forth btw the internal speaker and headphones/external speaker. Hopefully someone will have an answer!

01-04-10 07:22 PM
    The problem, in the OP's case, is that they changed the housing. Many people have had problems with the headphone Jack not working following a housing change.
    01-04-10 08:09 PM
    01-04-10 08:12 PM
    Tell u guys something I'm 30 and all my life I've taken apart several electronic components. In this some what short life span atleast compared to others. Fact is wires run in the most unpredictable of manners at times and I think while removing the face plate I might have detached the wire that conected the jack to a vital component of the mother board. I'm looking for the test feature on the bb that I read about on here to run some home diagnostics if anyone knows where its located please let me know. Another thing it could be is electroctatic elec might have seeped in and is causing a bug.

01-04-10 08:23 PM
    I think the test mode is under Options, Status, type TEST.
    01-04-10 08:28 PM
    01-04-10 08:33 PM
    Forgot to mention that I have not changed my faceplate or modified my BB in any way. Seems many in the other thread did and then started having issues. I think I just have a dud jack.

01-04-10 08:34 PM
    Hey I used your directions and they are working I wonder what my directions will do...
    01-04-10 08:35 PM
    This is a dam shame. Right when I was about to use the music player to play music while I meditated.

01-04-10 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD