I had unlocked the att 8310 a couple of weeks ago for myself, but I went back to my 8320 and gave the 8310 to my wife, now she can't get her email to register wit the phone, but I had mine register wit it when I had it, can't figure out how to fix it!!! help please
    02-13-08 08:42 AM
    Call ATT. Have them unregister that PIN from your BIS account. She should be able to register then.

Eric
    02-13-08 08:44 AM
    she can't call att or can she, cause she has tmobile just like me, so she is using a unlocked att 8310 on her tmobile network
    02-13-08 09:32 AM
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. ATT may or may not help you; they helped me with an 8320 problem, but I'm a customer. Actually, TMO helped me as well, even though I ditched them for ATT.

Ultimately (with both companies), I had the same problem. Neither of them could find my IMEI registered in their system, so eventually talked to RIM themselves. On the second try, the RIM rep figured out the problem and unregistered the old PIN from my BIS account.

You can actually have multiple PIN numbers associated with one BIS account, so once I nailed down the problem, the solution seemed pretty trivial.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

By the way, did you actually call TMO and tell them you were switching devices? If not, you may want to try that before going the lengthy route.

Good luck, and good thing both companies have good customer service.

-Eric
    02-13-08 10:20 AM
    Finally got it to work, I just removed the battery for a mintue or two and it worked! Thanks for ur help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD