I have an 8330 with two symbols or notifications that I can't decipher. I've looked through the user guide and can't figure out what they mean. One looks like crosshairs and it's on the left hand side under the time. The is a rectangular shape just to the left of the speaker underneath the 1XEV symbol. For lack of a better description, it looks like a tiny cassette tape.

Any idea what either of these two symbols mean?

Thanks!
    12-03-08 06:08 PM
    GPS and Voice mail I believe.
    12-03-08 06:12 PM
    That makes sense. I've never really cared about the crosshairs symbol, but I wondered what it meant. It's too bad I have Verizon. The slimeballs disable the GPS before they sell you the phone.

And the other symbol was for voicemail, which was what I originally thought it was. I first noticed it a couple of days ago when I received a voicemail, but the symbol wouldn't go away after deleting the voicemail. I was in an area with really poor coverage. So, tonight I left myself a voicemail and deleted it. That made the symbol go away.

Thanks!
    12-03-08 07:27 PM
    One is for Voicemail. the crosshairs should also have a circle around it. This means that E911 is active and cannot be shutoff. Yes in a way it is GPS
    12-03-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD