Hi, I was wondering if I can uninstall the OS for my 8310 from my computer since it is now installed on my phone? I like to try and keep as much clutter off of my computer as possible.

Thanks in advance for your response...
    04-06-08 12:07 AM
    Yeah u can. Go into control panel and just remove it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 12:36 AM
    You may end up re-downloading this. That's one of the steps I take in troubleshooting, re-installing the OS.
    04-06-08 01:06 AM
    Also... welcome 2 CB
    04-06-08 01:07 AM
    If you plan on installing applications from desktop manager to your phone, you should leave the OS installed. Otherwise you may get an error when you try to install an app. We aren't trying to persuade you not to uninstall it, merely pointing out a couple reasons why you may not want to.
    04-06-08 01:10 AM
    Welcome.
    How much space does the OS take up on your PC, as to Clutter, why not make a Folder title BB for all related files. As Sunkast pointed out, there are a number of reasons to keep it on your PC.
    BTW, how will you back up your phone. Or, maybe you don't plan on ever backing up you BB.
    04-06-08 05:26 AM
    I backed my phone up through the Desktop Manager. I just wasn't sure if having the OS still installed on the computer had anything to do with the back up file. If it could possibly affect something then I will just leave it alone.
    04-06-08 12:50 PM
    its always a good idea to keep the os thats on the berry on the pc also, for them just in case moments. saves time from re downloading it
    04-06-08 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD