Funny story...my lovely wife purchased an 8gb media card for Christmas for me and told me about the hassle she went through to purchase it.

She went to circuit city and told the slaesman she wanted an 8gb media card for her husbands Blackberry Curve. The salesman told her "first of all, they don't even make an 8gb card and second of all the curve only supports a 2gb card and I know because I have a curve nyself....see!" My wife told him "you obviously don't know anything about your phone the" and she left the store.

This guy could really use some crackberry help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 09:26 PM
    lol this is precisely why Circuit City is quickly going out of business. And, precisely why they won't be missed.
    12-25-08 09:27 PM
    I was told exactly the same thing at an AT&T service center last week by a service tech. This was after they reset my phone and reinstalled 4.5!
    12-25-08 09:52 PM
    Essentially the same thing happened to me when we got my wife her curve. I asked the salesman at verizon what software version was loaded and he said, ".77 the most up to date." I then told him that no that wasn't the most up to date. He wanted to argue with me, until i showed him my phone and proved him wrong by telling him to go to their own website and check it out. Morons.
    12-25-08 11:10 PM
    I dunno, the 8GB card in my curve seems to work just fine! LOL

That's why I don't listen to sales people. I do my own research then go in, buy what I know will work regardless of what the sales people say, and get out.
    12-26-08 12:49 AM
    Not to be stereotypical but most salespersons, are just that... sales oriented meaning they probably know only what's written on the display for the item. Every now and then you may come across a pretty knowledgeable sales rep, but for the most part your best bet is to check here on Crackberry... why settle for less??? LOL
    12-26-08 01:02 AM
    yeah circuit city is god awful.. they have little to no knowledge on what there selling.. it's just horrible. it's a wonder they weren't bankrupt sooner..
    12-26-08 01:39 AM
    Yeah I don't like circuit city, best buy ftw! Lol

12-26-08 01:41 AM
    Yeah I don't like circuit city, best buy ftw! Lol

lol. yeah best buy seems to be better, at least in my area. they seem to know more about blackberry then my local verzion..
    but yeah best buy FTW.
    12-26-08 01:49 AM
    What is with you people. One or two uninformed sales reps in a
    retail outlet somehow becomes indicative of how ALL the stores
    work or how much ALL the reps know.

The OP got bad service/advice and some of you may have also
    but none of that is in any way an indictment of the many men
    and women who work at these places. And no, I don't work for
    any of them, before some smarta$$ tries to play that card.
    12-26-08 03:00 AM
    What is with you people. One or two uninformed sales reps in a
    retail outlet somehow becomes indicative of how ALL the stores
    work or how much ALL the reps know.

The OP got bad service/advice and some of you may have also
    but none of that is in any way an indictment of the many men
    and women who work at these places. And no, I don't work for
    any of them, before some smarta$$ tries to play that card.
    dude seriously clam down. alright. i was also stating an opinion on my personal experiences. i even stated that best buy had more knowledge then my local verzion store. so i was in no way bashing or lashing out at a company.

i too had experiences with circuit city not knowing jack about blackberries, which is all i was trying to point out. just adding my experience to the thread. that's all. no negativity here.
    12-26-08 03:09 AM
    I'd like to direct your attention to the Crackberry Fourm's New Year's Resolution link in my sig.

12-26-08 06:23 AM
    just adding my experience to the thread. that's all. no negativity here.
    yeah circuit city is god awful.. they have little to no knowledge on what there selling.. it's just horrible. it's a wonder they weren't bankrupt sooner..
    Yeah, that is all very positive. My point a friggin gain is that all of your/our
    limited experiences with any outlet does not mean that every employee in
    these stores are uninformed. Just the ones we encountered, DUDE.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-26-08 at 06:40 AM.
    12-26-08 06:33 AM
    Yeah, that is all very positive. My point a friggin gain is that all of your/our
    limited experiences with any outlet does not mean that every employee in
    these stores are uninformed. Just the ones we encountered, DUDE.
    rereading my post, i see i was out of line. so i apologize to circuit city and anyone that may have been offended.
    i was not trying to start anything man, just adding a personal experience i had with a clerk at a store. that's all.

again, i apologize.
    12-26-08 10:47 PM
    rereading my post, i see i was out of line. so i apologize to circuit city and anyone that may have been offended.
    i was not trying to start anything man, just adding a personal experience i had with a clerk at a store. that's all.

again, i apologize.
    And that really was all I was saying. I have encountered my share of completely
    uninformed sales people also. But I am not willing to paint them all with the
    same brush. Some stay up to date and know their stuff, some are just there
    for the paycheck.

We're cool. And I apologize also for coming off as less than polite.
    12-26-08 11:04 PM
    Fwiw I've had better luck locally at CC than BB. Better product selection and better sales assoc. Ymmv.

12-26-08 11:35 PM
    This is an issue that affects every industry. There are alot of people doing the same jobs. Some take thier position seriously and make it a point to stay well informed about their products & services, most do not, to them its just a job & a paycheck. As a consumer it pays to do a little research on your own and be prepared when you start asking questions, that way you know if the person you are talking too knows anything. If they seem ignorant you can nicely walk away and try the next one. No need to insult someone for their lack of knowledge, it's sadly the way it is. just my 2 cents worth.
    12-27-08 12:05 AM
    There is a difference between not knowing what you're talking about then trying to bluff your way through it -and- not knowing what you're talking about, realizing your limitation and getting help.

In my experience, Best Buy is generally more likely to have people practicing the former & not the latter. Neither store pays people well enough to employ the sharpest tools in the shed, but training people to not bluff their way through an answer is fairly simple.

On a side note, both are horribly overpriced overall, often pricing things over MSRP. Circuit City, in my experience, is better on the customer service front, though. Twice I ordered from Best Buy online & they shipped the wrong item. When I tried to get an RMA from online CS, I was told the shipping charges were not refundable. So I head to a local store where I had to fight with a manager to not only take the item back but to also credit me for the full amount (gee sir, we subbed a more expensive item so you should be grateful). After a second similar instance 6 months later, a maintained Visa chargeback & successful complaints to the BBB & the state attorney general, Best Buy lost a customer, the item, the money & got bad slaps from the watchdogs. B-Buy didn't seem to care about any of it & their BBB file is so cluttered, I can see why.

Circuit City wasn't always perfect, but at least they always made it right in their dealings with me.

For those of you pointing at the bankruptcy closings of Circuit City stores, know that it appears B-Buy isn't far behind.

12-27-08 12:56 AM
    And that really was all I was saying. I have encountered my share of completely
    uninformed sales people also. But I am not willing to paint them all with the
    same brush. Some stay up to date and know their stuff, some are just there
    for the paycheck.

We're cool. And I apologize also for coming off as less than polite.
    good i am glad, i was not trying to stir a pot with someone.
    were all fellow crackberry users and abusers.
    12-27-08 03:46 AM
    Funny story...my lovely wife purchased an 8gb media card for Christmas for me and told me about the hassle she went through to purchase it.

She went to circuit city and told the slaesman she wanted an 8gb media card for her husbands Blackberry Curve. The salesman told her "first of all, they don't even make an 8gb card and second of all the curve only supports a 2gb card and I know because I have a curve nyself....see!" My wife told him "you obviously don't know anything about your phone the" and she left the store.

This guy could really use some crackberry help!

WHOA...was the rudeness for icing on the cake? He sounds like he needs to read up or carry a manuel with him at all times. Then check himself into some training on class and courtesy. I am sorry your wife experienced such a rude dude!
    12-27-08 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD