I just installed my new 8GB Sandisk MicroSD card - and when my Curve boots up, I get an error "Uncaught Exception: DSSMA: invalid state (5): 31"

Does anyone know what this code means, and how I can fix it without having to take my media card out?

Thanks!!
    07-01-09 09:51 PM
    Did you format the card?

Options/Media Card press menu select Format Card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 09:58 PM
    Yes, I've even taken the card out, rebooted, and still get the same error.
    07-01-09 10:35 PM
    Have you downloaded any new apps lately?

07-01-09 10:49 PM
    Have you downloaded any new apps lately?
    Nothing really out of the ordinary. Slacker Radio was the most recent on Sunday I think. This error began today on the initial bootup after I installed my sd card.

I'm also noticing that when I go into my Messages App, I am unable to scroll through my messages to highlight/select them to read.

I am using the Today theme - when I am on the main screen, and try to select my new messages, I get the white screen and App Error 523

Is there a listing of these codes to help explain what they mean?
    07-01-09 11:19 PM
    If it were me I would wipe with JL Cmder and reload the OS and see if that fixes it and maybe exchange the card.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

07-01-09 11:29 PM
    For grins, try to ditch the today theme and try another instead. That failure has been linked to themes (typically 3rd party ones however) or other software that created conflicts. It's worth a shot before you wipe it cuz that appears your next option. Do a battery pull after changing themes too just to be sure. Then let it restart with the new theme running and see what happens.
    07-01-09 11:56 PM
    thanks for the tips - I'm actually in the middle of reinstalling, but if it happens again, I'll try the Theme Change suggestion. Crosses Fingers....
    07-02-09 12:49 AM
    thanks for the tips - I'm actually in the middle of reinstalling, but if it happens again, I'll try the Theme Change suggestion. Crosses Fingers....

Keep us posted.
    07-02-09 01:02 AM
    One last request - I've wiped and restored...but no contacts. where did I goof up?
    07-02-09 01:37 AM
    You ran a backup before the wipe and then you retored it and your contacts are missing?

07-02-09 01:59 AM
    Yes - no worries now though, thanks to Google Sync! Thanks again for all your help.

You ran a backup before the wipe and then you retored it and your contacts are missing?
    07-02-09 10:51 AM
    Yes - no worries now though, thanks to Google Sync! Thanks again for all your help.

You're welcome
    07-02-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD