hello everyone....i just bought a new 8330 off ebay....i have verizon and the phone is for verizon....i got it all set up and the calling and texting works but i cannot use the internet/browser. i called verizon and they said that the phone or PIN is still registered in the previous owners name through blackberry...they said the only way it will work is if i get the person to get it taken off but i cant get in touch with the previous owner is there anything else i could do? PLEASE HELP!!!
    Thanks Justin
    10-12-09 06:36 PM
    Nope. Sorry, in most cases like that the phone is lost/stolen.
    10-12-09 07:03 PM
    u got double dutched
    10-12-09 07:11 PM
    call vzw back and say that you are the owner, of the phone and you would like to delete the bis account and make a new one
    10-12-09 07:40 PM
    wont they ask for a social security number or somethin
    10-12-09 09:33 PM
    hello everyone....i just bought a new 8330 off ebay....i have verizon and the phone is for verizon....i got it all set up and the calling and texting works but i cannot use the internet/browser. i called verizon and they said that the phone or PIN is still registered in the previous owners name through blackberry...they said the only way it will work is if i get the person to get it taken off but i cant get in touch with the previous owner is there anything else i could do? PLEASE HELP!!!
    Thanks Justin
    Sorry man, you are kinda hosed. Per VZW policies, if they are followed correctly, require verification on the account before something like that is done.

call vzw back and say that you are the owner, of the phone and you would like to delete the bis account and make a new one
    Generally, if you want to keep your job, you would want to adher to verification policies Verizon has, if you are actually a VZW tech, you would know that. You may not like them, but those policies are there for a reason.
    10-12-09 09:45 PM
    that sucks...i even have like the original box and all the stuff that came with it...i thinks that really dumb that it cant just be reregistered
    10-12-09 09:58 PM
    Contact the person you bought it from and have them do it.
    10-12-09 10:01 PM
    could he jailbreak the phone or something.

OR, sell it on Ebay again
    10-12-09 10:04 PM
    You can't jailbreak a BlackBerry. Come on! It's a BlackBerry.
    10-13-09 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD