Blackberry 8320.
    Tried to import via Desktop Manager 127 .mp3 files (484 MB) onto SanDisk 4GB micro sd media card. The transfer went smooth and showing the files transfered to the media card, but on BB is showing just 45 files (167 MB).
    If i browse the MUSIC folder on BB via USB - Explorer it's showing all the files on the card.
    Any idea why and how to fix this.
    Thanks
    11-01-07 12:40 PM
    This happened with me last week. I found out that any songs that I have uploaded to my BB who's format is not supported won't show on my BB at all. You might start with that. Check if all the mp3s you have loaded are not protected. Protected mp3s would not show on your BB as well.
    11-01-07 01:47 PM
    This happened with me last week. I found out that any songs that I have uploaded to my BB who's format is not supported won't show on my BB at all. You might start with that. Check if all the mp3s you have loaded are not protected. Protected mp3s would not show on your BB as well.
    All the files belong to the same audio book. They are all .mp3 files - MPEG Layer 3 Audio, unprotected.
    11-01-07 02:35 PM
    Check your Media Card and see your Total Space and Free Space status. You can start there. You might have a faulty memory card.
    11-01-07 04:46 PM
    How about checking other details like bitrate, size, tags, etc. I don't know offhand if the BB has restrictions on those details, but it could be an issue.
    11-01-07 04:51 PM
    Check your Media Card and see your Total Space and Free Space status. You can start there. You might have a faulty memory card.
    ThanksCC.
    Card info is right.3.7GB total, 3.4GB available
    11-01-07 04:58 PM
    How about checking other details like bitrate, size, tags, etc. I don't know offhand if the BB has restrictions on those details, but it could be an issue.
    Will try to find out. Not enough info in forums in regards to specs.
    Thanks
    11-01-07 05:00 PM
    Hmmm... now I'm intrigued What Media Card are you using and where did you purchase it?
    Last edited by chinesecatt; 11-01-07 at 05:09 PM.
    11-01-07 05:06 PM
    Will try to find out. Not enough info in forums in regards to specs.
    Thanks
    Ok, let us know. When I had the chocolate flip phone with VZW, I could add mp3s to the microSD card, but if they weren't tagged then the phone wouldn't recognize them at all, as if they weren't even on the card. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case with the BB as well.
    11-01-07 05:26 PM
    Hmmm... now I'm intrigued What Media Card are you using and where did you purchase it?
    SanDisk - Buy.com
    11-02-07 11:44 AM
    Ok, let us know. When I had the chocolate flip phone with VZW, I could add mp3s to the microSD card, but if they weren't tagged then the phone wouldn't recognize them at all, as if they weren't even on the card. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case with the BB as well.
    K.
    Problem Fixed.
    Via iTunes transformed all files (already .mp3) to MPEG-1 Layer 3 80kbps .
    Have all the files on my BB
    BTW takes forever for BB to populate the 143 files...???
    I'm sure that 80kbps is not the limit, but i did not need anything better since all the files where just mono audio files for audiobook.

Thanks to all of you directing me in the right way.
    See u later.
    11-02-07 11:52 AM
    I have MP3s on my Curve that are at 128k and 192k if I'm not mistaken, and all show up and play fine. In the process, iTunes might have also fixed any tagging issues you might have had too.

Glad you got it worked out!
    11-02-07 11:58 AM
    I'm glad that you finally were able to figure it out.
    11-02-07 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD