My old blackberry allowed me to reply to email messages -- I just had to have it replaced due to a loose battery. However, the new blackberry can receive email messages -- but I CANNOT reply to them.
    I get the following error message:

"No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft"

I cannot figure out how to configure this. When I got my original blackberry, it was not hard to set up email at all -- yet I can't get this one going!

TIA,

Dan
    10-10-08 09:49 AM
    Log into your BIS account and send the Service Books. You could also try going into Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, hit the menu button then hit Register now. I'm not positive this affects e-mail, but it's worth a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 09:51 AM
    Thanks -- but I have never logged in to the "BIS" account -- so I don't know how to do that. I tried your 'options --> advanced options...' suggestion -- no change. After I did it though, I immediately got a 'Blackberry Registration' email stating that the handheld has been registered with the wireless network -- but I still cannot send email.
    10-10-08 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

Thank link will take you to your BIS site for ATT. Login and on the left hand side you will see service books, click on service books and press resend.
    10-10-08 10:26 AM
    I had the same exact problem when I got my replacement Curve. I went to the BIS page and tried to get the service books but nothing was happening and I couldn't understand why. I noticed the "Change Device" page so I went there, and NOWHERE ON ANY OF THE PAPERWORK THAT CAME WITH THE REPLACEMENT did it say you had to register your NEW device on the BIS site!! You have to put in the new PIN and IMEI #s (they should be on the sticker under the battery), THEN go into the Settings/ Options/ Advanced Options/ Host Routing Table then menu button and Register Now.

It worked for me-- hope this helps for you because I know how frustrating it is!!
    10-23-08 08:13 PM
    Yes updating the PIN will do the trick. Welcome!
    10-23-08 08:20 PM
    My problem seems to be simpler, but no response so far...

I completely forgot my BIS password (the one to access my configuration on att.blackberry.com), I ask to send me, but I get nothing. No PIN msg, no Email, I even tried all possible logins that I usually use, but it's lost (I know, I'm a dumb for not writting it down, newbie mistake, etc, etc...). So, since I changed for a curve, I'm struggling to get my email service back...

Does anyone know any way to reset this password???
    11-11-08 05:46 AM
    if you changed phones since you created your bis account, and did not move your account to the new device, then the password messages will try to send to your previous phone. If this is the case, put the sim in your old phone and try to reset the password.
    09-15-11 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD