Hi, I'm so frustrated with this thing. I'm generally pretty saavy with technology and I've had many a cell phone before, but this is my first PDA phone. I have a BB 8330 Curve with Sprint, SERO plan, no BB data plan.

Long story short, I (at least thought I) was having minor issues at first with it, so I wiped it with javaloader. I reloaded the OS with the latest version of BB software and latest Desktop Manager software.

After the phone was done installing the 4.5 OS and after unplugging the USB cable, everything seemed OK. When I went back in to change the ringtone, I couldn't play it. I got "unable to play content". I can't play MP3s, either. Both of these played fine yesterday before I wiped the OS. I do know sound can be emitted from the BB, as when I get texts or a phone call, it makes noise .

I'm guessing the problem is the media player built in the BB? I am not familiar enough with it to be sure but also I don't know how or what to do to get it loaded back on. Help!

I have already tried to find the solution by searching, so I have tried reloading the host file (even though I don't have BIS), have taken out the battery, etc.

Also, the phone has been activated for 36 hours...shouldn't I be getting the Sprint TV Icon as an app, or do I need to call Sprint about it?

Any help is appreciated.

-Nitesbane
    Last edited by nitesbane; 10-16-08 at 05:57 PM.
    10-16-08 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD