Okay so for about two days now my blackberry curve won't download anything successfully. At first i was trying to download a theme and it would take an unusually long time for the status bar to progress and then it would say download failed. So thinking that maybe it was just that particular application, i tried other themes and then tried downloading abc news mobile then viigo and nope, none of them worked and all had the same error message. It would download half way through, if that, and then say "download failed" and give me this error message along the lines of "907 invalid COD local connection timed out after ~120000" i don't quite remember what it was.

My BB is running on the 4.5 OS. I've tried the battery pull thing, register on network, can't figure out how to resend service books. I do have a lot of free space left, so i know that isn't the issue. HELP! Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. I'm still a newbie to BB. Thanks!
    Last edited by Tisxisxcool; 08-15-08 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added OS version, added error message
    08-14-08 05:00 PM
    You need to make sure:

you're downloading the correct version for your BB model & OS;
    for programs, that you're using an OTA link through the BB browser (NOT opera mini).

From your BB browser, go to getviigo.com and scroll down to "download Viigo"

What happens when you click it?
    08-14-08 05:12 PM
    Ok, im running the 4.5 OS, all the themes i tried downloading were for that version. When i went to getviigo.com it would give me the option to download the app, then when i click download it will start the download but take about 10-15 mins on the status bar to move up about half way then it will say download fail and give me that COD error message. it gave me that to everything i downloaded. Also, another thing i've noticed too is that when i browse on the internet, all websites load up incredibly slow. i don't use opera mini. and i make sure i have network connection when im browsing so i know it isnt that either. so im lost!
    08-14-08 05:16 PM
    Your original post didn't mention OS 4.5. I'm bowing out at this point and will turn you back over to the gurus on CB - I have fun tweaking my BB, but I'm waiting for the official Verizon 4.5. [I guess I just assumed a Verizon user and self-proclaimed BB newbie wouldn't have upgraded]

Sorry - I can't help you - it may be a 4.5 issue... Stand by. I'm sure there's somebody infinitely wiser (aka just about anyone) that will be along shortly.
    08-14-08 05:20 PM
    Your original post didn't mention OS 4.5. I'm bowing out at this point and will turn you back over to the gurus on CB - I have fun tweaking my BB, but I'm waiting for the official Verizon 4.5.

Sorry - I can't help you - it may be a 4.5 issue... Stand by. I'm sure there's somebody infinitely wiser (aka just about anyone) that will be along shortly.
    Okay, thank you. Sorry i didn't mention that earlier. i will go in there and edit my post and add that in. Maybe i should've waited for the official verizon version too. Have you heard of anyone else having this problem with other OS? ive tried searching all over the place and really couldn't find anything.
    08-14-08 05:23 PM
    what version of 4.5?
    the "invalid COD" error that you are getting means the file isn't compatible with your blackberry
    08-14-08 05:24 PM
    what version of 4.5?
    the "invalid COD" error that you are getting means the file isn't compatible with your blackberry
    So that is what it is? The weird thing is...i've downloaded other themes and applications after upgrading to a 4.5 OS and didn't really have any problems downloading anything...even if it was a theme that said it was for a 4.2 os or higher. So that's why its weird for me that it just started. And it didnt matter what i downloaded. Currently running 4.5.056.
    08-14-08 05:33 PM
    not all apps are going to have an issue. but i know that i wasn't able to get batterywatcher installed. emailed the developers and had them correct it
    08-14-08 05:36 PM
    not all apps are going to have an issue. but i know that i wasn't able to get batterywatcher installed. emailed the developers and had them correct it
    So there's really no way of correcting this problem? i tried downloading viigo again and finally got it to download however it took like 15 mins when usually it will take me less than 3 to download an app. and the application seems like its running really really slow. I really don't think it has anything to do with my network connection though, because i have good reception where im at.
    08-14-08 05:41 PM
    When it comes to the internet and PCs slow downloads and browsing is almost always a network traffic issue. For example a network hub either ISP or en route to the ISP. I would assume the same kind of functionality if the internet applies to BB and other mobile devices. I think dslreports has a mobile speed tester if you want to check it out. You can also contact your carrier tech support to find out if there is some sort of porblem that is causing the slowness. Problem is you won't get support for the BB itself most likely since you are not running a carrier official version of the OS. I contacted my carrier about when to expect OS 4.5 release from them and they don't have a release date and informed me using a beta or other carriers release is not supported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 12:39 AM
    When it comes to the internet and PCs slow downloads and browsing is almost always a network traffic issue. For example a network hub either ISP or en route to the ISP. I would assume the same kind of functionality if the internet applies to BB and other mobile devices. I think dslreports has a mobile speed tester if you want to check it out. You can also contact your carrier tech support to find out if there is some sort of porblem that is causing the slowness. Problem is you won't get support for the BB itself most likely since you are not running a carrier official version of the OS. I contacted my carrier about when to expect OS 4.5 release from them and they don't have a release date and informed me using a beta or other carriers release is not supported.

If i wanted to go back to a 4.3 version OS, do you know how i would go about doing that? is it easy? or will it take way too much time and could be complicated?
    08-15-08 01:36 AM
    If i wanted to go back to a 4.3 version OS, do you know how i would go about doing that? is it easy? or will it take way too much time and could be complicated?
    I would follow either the instructions in the CB 101 article for installing the BB OS or the thread in howto forum titled something like upgrade/downgrade OS guide I forget the exact name. It should be almost as easy as it was to upgrade except that with 4.5 on the device desktop manager doesn't indicate anything for upgrading since you will be downgrading. I have never done anything with installing an OS on a BB prior to upgrading to 4.5 so I'm probably the worst source of advice in that regard. If you have questions beyond what those guides inform you of you may want to search the forum as I'm sure others have had questions about downgrading and if you still need help from there you could start a new thread. Sorry i can't be of more help.
    08-15-08 08:53 AM
    When I had the old firmware on my BB 8310 it froze alot during downloads and would not always play what I had downloaded, with the new firmware everything runs smooth
    08-15-08 08:56 AM
    When I had the old firmware on my BB 8310 it froze alot during downloads and would not always play what I had downloaded, with the new firmware everything runs smooth
    how do i get new firmware? i don't even know what that means, i hope u can help me!
    08-15-08 09:08 AM
    I would follow either the instructions in the CB 101 article for installing the BB OS or the thread in howto forum titled something like upgrade/downgrade OS guide I forget the exact name. It should be almost as easy as it was to upgrade except that with 4.5 on the device desktop manager doesn't indicate anything for upgrading since you will be downgrading. I have never done anything with installing an OS on a BB prior to upgrading to 4.5 so I'm probably the worst source of advice in that regard. If you have questions beyond what those guides inform you of you may want to search the forum as I'm sure others have had questions about downgrading and if you still need help from there you could start a new thread. Sorry i can't be of more help.
    Yeah i wiped out my BB and reinstalled everything. Still, no luck. BUT i finally caught what the error message exactly says....."907 invalid COD local connection timed out after ~120000." anyone have any idea what that means and how i go about correcting this? i've tried redownloading google maps and opera mini but i can't even download those.
    08-15-08 09:10 AM
    I just got my BB Bold, running on v4.6.0.126, and I have the exact same problem as you...same invalid COD bla bla bla...have you figured that out? I'm a newb with BB (was an Iphone user, unlocked by myself), so...kinda hope anyone here can help us out...my friend says to upgrade the firmware, but isn't mine the newest? I'm so confused...
    09-28-08 02:33 PM
    (Weezer, you are running the most recent OS on your Bold -- it won't work on any other BlackBerry, though.)

For the OP:
    To downgrade your OS to 4.3, you'll need to go to your carrier's site and download and save the official OS. Delete the 4.5 from your computer and follow the instructions. I'm on wap so the link won't be in my signature, but go to the Tips and FAQ forum and click on Proper Upgrade guide by bmcclure937. I have also put below the special instructions for downgrading your OS from the 101 instructions. A tip for others who upgrade their OS's, you should always keep a copy of your official OS saved (uninstalled) on your computer for just in case.

You had video and HTML email on OS 4.3. Why did you upgrade your OS. Not ripping you, just curious.

Read below before downgrading.

If you're installing an operating system that's older than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file just as described above.* But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any.* On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install.

Last edited by exelant; 09-29-08 at 02:47 AM.
    09-28-08 04:57 PM
    Try clearing cookies/cache.
    03-18-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD