I have downloaded the latest DTMgr 4.3. Had been able to connect my 7290. Now when I try top connect my BB 8320 it does not recognize the device. I go to the connect device click on USB connect and it "fails to find a device".
    I have disabled virus software.
    Other than the inability to connect to the computer, it works well.
    I am using Windows XP on a Dell XPS. I am using the usb cable to connect - whch recognizes it for about 2 seconds, then the connection icon disappears. I am also NOT able to charge the phone using the USB cable. I have tried on a diffent computer and still does not work.
    What might I be missing?
    Last edited by BBTex8320; 11-24-07 at 06:46 AM.
    11-23-07 06:45 PM
    I had to take my battery out and reinstall the operating system to get mine to work.
    11-23-07 10:11 PM
    I have downloaded the latest DTMgr 4.3. Had been able to connect my 7290. Now when I try top connect my BB 8320 it does not recognize the device. I go to the connect device click on USB connect and it "fails to find a device".
    I have disabled virus software.
    Other than the inability to connect to the computer, it works well.
    I am using Windows XP on a Dell XPS. I am using the usb cable to connect - whch recognizes it for about 2 seconds, then the connection icon disappears. I am also NOT able to charge the phone using the USB cable.
    What might I be missing?
    sounds like you have a dell. am i right?

the reason i say that cuz dell is the only computer that i know of that doesnt allow you to use your usb port to charge anything on some of their models.
    11-23-07 10:15 PM
    Its possible the charging port maybe faulty, try it on another computer and see if its the same or its the computer that is not happy with the device...
    11-23-07 10:16 PM
    I had to take my battery out and reinstall the operating system to get mine to work.
    Thanks - so how do I reinstall the OS - especially if I am not able to connect to the computer to download the OS?
    11-24-07 06:51 AM
    Its possible the charging port maybe faulty, try it on another computer and see if its the same or its the computer that is not happy with the device...
    Thank you. I have tried both a laptop and a desktop. Neither works. Yet using my older BB 7290 - it connects and charges.
    11-24-07 06:53 AM
    sounds like you have a dell. am i right?

the reason i say that cuz dell is the only computer that i know of that doesnt allow you to use your usb port to charge anything on some of their models.
    Thanks. I am able to charge my older BB 7290 via the USB port. Just not the able to connect nor charge the 8320.
    11-24-07 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD