Hey all,

Here is my story. I recently downloaded a a couple themes on my Curve 8330 and decided I didn't like them, so I uninstalled the themes. I then did a wipe of my phone and restored it with a file on my computer because I wanted to "start over". Everything is working fine, I just wanted to make sure that 1) all of the themes are off my phone, modules as well, I only want the default themes that came with my berry, and 2) my curve is not slow/lagging or performance is lacking because of this. I don't think it is.

Also, I recently started using BerryWeather on my Curve 8330 and I just wanted to make sure that this is okay to use with my regular Verizon theme. The theme I am using is the default theme (Verizon) and I kept the wallpaper with the check mark as well.

Thanks!
    Last edited by BerrySky; 08-08-09 at 04:34 PM.
    08-08-09 04:28 PM
    Hey all,

Here is my story. I recently downloaded a a couple themes on my Curve 8330 and decided I didn't like them, so I uninstalled the themes. I then did a wipe of my phone and restored it with a file on my computer because I wanted to "start over". Everything is working fine, I just wanted to make sure that 1) all of the themes are off my phone, modules as well, I only want the default themes that came with my berry, and 2) my curve is not slow/lagging or performance is lacking because of this. I don't think it is.

Also, I recently started using BerryWeather on my Curve 8330 and I just wanted to make sure that this is okay to use with my regular Verizon theme. The theme I am using is the default theme (Verizon) and I kept the wallpaper with the check mark as well.

Thanks!
    When you wipe your device, everything that didn't come with the device by default gets deleted....and yes berryweather should work fine with the default theme
    08-08-09 04:35 PM
    Okay, so my berry should be like new and no problems at all should happen right..?
    08-08-09 04:45 PM
    OK I am gonna try and not sound like a **** as much as possible when I ask this...but how many different posts/threads do you need to ask this same question in before you accept the answers that people give you?
    08-08-09 04:58 PM
    OK I am gonna try and not sound like a **** as much as possible when I ask this...but how many different posts/threads do you need to ask this same question in before you accept the answers that people give you?
    Actually, I haven't gotten answers, and if you care so much, how about you post some answers rather than insults. Also, you have 11 posts, I have over 400. No reason to play the blame game here, either help or ignore this thread. THANKS.

Edit..I don't mean to be an ***, sorry, but I don't like it when people attack me.
    08-08-09 05:00 PM
    Actually, I haven't gotten answers, and if you care so much, how about you post some answers rather than insults. Also, you have 11 posts, I have over 400. No reason to play the blame game here, either help or ignore this thread. THANKS.
    Let me assure you, post counts don't always mean anything. And I wasn't trying to be insulting. But it also seems like you have made multiple post about this same issue. If for some reason you didn't get a response to the question asked, why make an entirely new thread about it?

EDIT: and for clarification, yes if you wiped your device, it should be like you just got it.
    08-08-09 05:04 PM
    The name of the thread, etc. is why I posted a new one. And, this is not the same as my other ones.

Now, anyone care to help?
    08-08-09 05:05 PM
    Sorry Geltab, I was an *** before. I know what you mean, I shouldn't have posted so many times. I apologize about before.
    08-08-09 05:12 PM
    Sorry Geltab, I was an *** before. I know what you mean, I shouldn't have posted so many times. I apologize about before.
    It's all good man. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean about it, and sorry if it came across that way.
    08-08-09 05:15 PM
    No problem, I was out of line too Sorry I attacked you back...it was uncalled for on my part.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread...LOL...
    08-08-09 05:16 PM
    If you wiped/reinstalled your BB everything should be like new. As far as BerryWeather goes I would assume that it should work just as well with the normal Verizon theme as it did with the others. I never got to mess with it to much outside of a trial of it. Mostly because I didn't want to buy another app after just spending $40 on one.
    08-08-09 05:21 PM
    It's great, BerryWeather, I love it...go for it! Thanks again Geltab!!!
    08-08-09 05:24 PM
    Yuck, this thread is too warm and fuzzy.

BS, if you go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and you don't see the themes you deleted previously, then you can sleep at night knowing that the themes are gone for good.

As mentioned, they shouldn't be there following a wipe...

Do you want my sig line? I think you need it way more than me.
    08-08-09 05:24 PM
    Warm and fuzzy? LOL and now you call me BS? What is this!?

As for your sig line, if I have your permission I will take it and change it to Way too obsessive LOL
    08-08-09 05:28 PM
    As for your sig line, if I have your permission I will take it and change it to Way too obsessive LOL
    Go for it!
    08-08-09 05:31 PM
    How is that??
    08-08-09 05:33 PM
    How is that??
    Looks good on you.
    08-08-09 05:37 PM
    LOL I Know, it couldn't be better! Thanks for the idea!!!!!

You may think I am so "blah" but my theme right now is the Verizon theme (original one) and the wallpaper, yes, the Verizon check mark. How different am I?? LOL
    08-08-09 05:40 PM
    Honestly, yes, very Blah.

I routinely dump my Verizon theme, never use it, it's just not my style.

Edit: Mods feel free to close this thread, the OP's question has been answered ad nauseum, and the OP has a new sig line now.
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-08-09 at 05:45 PM.
    08-08-09 05:43 PM
    LOL Thanks Xliderider!
    08-08-09 05:46 PM
    Yuck, this thread is too warm and fuzzy.

BS, if you go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and you don't see the themes you deleted previously, then you can sleep at night knowing that the themes are gone for good.

As mentioned, they shouldn't be there following a wipe...

Do you want my sig line? I think you need it way more than me.
    LOL, I thought my BB OCD was at all-time highs, I check my file free about 40 times a day, clean up Opera Mini history and cookies after every use, downloaded v .131 but still too afraid to brick my BB so I haven't installed it.....the list goes on
    08-08-09 08:03 PM
    ptcerio, don't be afraid to brick your BB using .131, as long as you have a backup and a 3rd party backup, there isn't much that can go wrong that can't be recovered.
    08-08-09 08:08 PM
    ptcerio, don't be afraid to brick your BB using .131, as long as you have a backup and a 3rd party backup, there isn't much that can go wrong that can't be recovered.
    thanks for the vote of confidence, i may try it. there is lots of info on the "how-tos" of upgrading so i should be ok. but with my luck.....
    08-08-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD