Hi. This is my first post. I am an avid reader of these forums. I am having a UMA problem. Whenever I am on UMA and someone calls, the person calling me is unable to hear me. But, they can hear like me pressing buttons and etc. Usually this result in me having to pick up my land line and call the person back. To temporarily fix the problem, I have disabled UMA. Has anyone else had a problem like this? And does anyone know how to fix it? I have pulled the battery and all those good things but no avail.
    08-19-08 09:45 PM
    Yikes. I haven't heard of this problem, it might be something with the phone itself. What version of the OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 10:00 PM
    It might be your router. Is it tmobile router?

08-19-08 10:14 PM
    No it is a D link router. Sometimes the voice will work though, so it is kind of weird. I called my land line and switch from speaker phone to headset to speakerphone to headset and sometimes this made the caller hear me. I am running the OS: 4.5.0.52 . I am worried because I leave for college soon, and I really bought this phone for its UMA capabilities.
    08-19-08 10:30 PM
    It sounds like its your phone. Try reflashing the software? I think everyone has some kind of problem with this 4.5.0.52 firmware on their phone. My phone has youtube not playing problem...

But your problem sounds like it needs to be resolved...

I would reinstall the 4.2.0.180 from T-Mobile. See if that fixes the problem. If it doesnt, you'll have to do warranty repair through tmobile.
    08-20-08 12:24 AM
    If you want to be really safe, I would go back to 4.2 for now. I have the same version of 4.5 as you do, and I've been having issues with UMA as well. You could try getting a newer version of 4.5 as well, but obviously it's still a beta. I also haven't been able to find a download for it, but maybe you'd have better luck.

EDIT: I guess I should ask first, was this a problem when you were on 4.2?
    08-20-08 01:11 AM
    Is the router a N router? I was reading somewhere that the N router's don't work too well with blackberries.

I upgraded my 8320 to 4.5 and I'm using UMA at home and at work and have not had any problems. Both routers at home and at work are b/g Linksys routers.
    08-20-08 01:59 AM
    Is the router a N router? I was reading somewhere that the N router's don't work too well with blackberries.

I upgraded my 8320 to 4.5 and I'm using UMA at home and at work and have not had any problems. Both routers at home and at work are b/g Linksys routers.
    Yeah, N routers definitely have trouble with with the BB. I'm planning on upgrading to N fairly soon, but keeping my old B/G router as an access point for my BB.

Btw I love your sig. I feel the exact same way.
    08-20-08 02:10 AM
    This happened to me. Are you using your internet heavily? Like large downloads? If u are not using it, the call quality is better.

08-20-08 03:19 AM
    I have to ask, are you really using an 8310 as your profile states?

If so, that is the root of the problem, that device does not support Wifi or UMA.

If your are actually using a 8320, check out our guide.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    08-20-08 11:09 AM
    My router is not a N router, it is a simple B/G. I do download alot, but usually when I have incoming calls I am not downloading anything. I am indeed using an 8320 provided by Tmobile.

When I had 4.2 I am not sure if this problem existed. I could barely get a UMA connection with 4.2... I think this was Tmobile was doing some kind of update.

Stoner, I reconfigured some of the things and I will test out my phone again later.

and megaman, whats the process of repair warranty. Like I said, I am going to school in less than a week. I will need my cell phone alot. So shipping it off and waiting for it may just be impossible...

Thank you all for your quick responses and help! The internet is a great place. 010101
    08-20-08 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD