With the new 4.5v, the UMA support at home is actually worse and disconnects more often. Help?
    11-02-08 06:59 PM
    are you talking about the official T-mo 4.5?
    11-02-08 07:05 PM
    yes i am. th eone of there site...
    11-02-08 07:24 PM
    do you use the T-mobile wireless router?
    11-02-08 07:26 PM
    I actually don't. I have one, but i don't connect to it
    11-02-08 08:02 PM
    From my experience if you're not using the one they offer you don't get much by way of support from them. See if there is anything in here that helps. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/ I'm using 4.5.0.93 and UMA works great with the exception of when I'm on a UMA call and leave the wi-fi range, it jumps right to EDGE but I drop the call every time.
    11-02-08 08:18 PM
    My UMA seems to work fine with my DSL but I also have data plan.
    11-02-08 10:01 PM
    My UMA works well also with.81 or .93. I do pay for the hotspot UMA and the Data Plan. Last month I saved almost 750 minutes with it. I use the linksys WTG 54 router. It isn't TMobile's but is identical to the TMo branded WTG 54. My suggestion is to call for support if the WiFi guide doesn't help. Let them guide you through the setup -- using a TMo branded router isn't required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 10:14 PM
    With the new 4.5v, the UMA support at home is actually worse and disconnects more often. Help?
    I also seem to have this. UMA was terrible with .52 upgraded to .81 and it seemed ok, not great though still a little jittery. So after weeks messing with it and scratching my head I downgraded to 4.2 and so far it is 100% crystal clear! I don't get it... I have the same apps installed. Why does UMA suck on 4.5 for me?!!! 4.2 is also a lot faster, I miss the features of 4.5 though!

11-03-08 12:05 AM
    I've noticed the same problem dropping calls with uma, but i've only used 4.5.0.81 both versions. I checked my router and it is setup correctly.
    11-03-08 04:13 AM
    I have a T-Mobile/Linksys router at home and my WiFi works fine. At work I have two Linksys wireless access points that were working great on 4.2 but now on 4.5.0.81 drop the WiFi connection from time to time. Called T-Mobile and the tech person I got was less than helpful. When I go into the WiFi diagnostics everything shows good. I just don't see UMA on my phone.
    11-03-08 04:59 AM
    The Bronx,
    From what I can see I have everything setup right. I see UMA on my phone, I have it setup to work at my inlaws house, and I pickup
    hotspots as well, but when ever I leave the UMA connection I drop the call, it's more annoying than anything else
    11-03-08 05:15 AM
    My experience was that UMA is unusable on anything but 4.2, I was getting broken voices, jitter and dropped calls. With 4.2 though its flawless. And after using 4.2 for a day I realise just how slow and buggy 4.5 was for me. Think I'll leave 4.5 to mature a little!

11-03-08 08:14 AM
    The Bronx,
    From what I can see I have everything setup right. I see UMA on my phone, I have it setup to work at my inlaws house, and I pickup
    hotspots as well, but when ever I leave the UMA connection I drop the call, it's more annoying than anything else
    I never drop a call. I just don't have the UMA and thus the calls I do make are not WiFi, they go against my minutes. When I do have UMA and make a call and leave either work or home I still have the call and it stays made under UMA.
    11-03-08 08:48 AM
    The problem still persists and indeed, the disconnections have been getting worse...
    11-06-08 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD