I have a T-mobile 8320 Curve, with a BIS data plan. When I'm at home, I'm able to make calls using UMA, however, I did not pay for the @Home service in order to use UMA over a wireless network. I checked to make sure I was using UMA, by turning off my Mobile Network connection, and leaving only my WiFi on, then waited for the UMA symbol to appear in the top left corner of my phone. Will I get charged for this service? Thanks in advance.
    01-03-08 11:01 AM
    Check your account online for sure to see what the log shows, but the answer I normally have heard is that you will just be using your normal minutes. With the hotspots@home plan you would get unlimited minutes over UMA and access to the T-Mobile Hotspot locations.
    01-03-08 11:08 AM
    That's correct. You don't need the H@H plan in order to take advantage of UMA calling. You only need H@H if you want unlimited minutes over UMA. Without it your minutes are deducted as normal.
    01-03-08 11:10 AM
    Thank you! =]
    01-03-08 11:12 AM
    I have a T-mobile 8320 Curve, with a BIS data plan. When I'm at home, I'm able to make calls using UMA, however, I did not pay for the @Home service in order to use UMA over a wireless network. I checked to make sure I was using UMA, by turning off my Mobile Network connection, and leaving only my WiFi on, then waited for the UMA symbol to appear in the top left corner of my phone. Will I get charged for this service? Thanks in advance.
    As to being charged, JC and SLVR pretty much covered that. Think of it as VOIP. You're connecting to to a LAN, wirelessly, and basically using that network for the calls. So, physically, you cannot be billed for that connection. Unless, of course, it's your WiFi that you're using in which case you are already paying for that Should only be charged minutes, considering you are just using airtime.
    01-03-08 11:15 AM
    You won't get charged for the service,if you have a wireless set up,you can use your wifi curve but you will use your plans minutes,but if you had hotspot@home,you wouldn't use your plans minutes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD