I'm going to be getting my 3rd curve next week! Not because I'm buying them, but because something keeps going wrong w/ them. The first one I bought the day it came out. I had it until March, never knowing I was supposed to be able to log online anytime, anywhere. I had no clue I should have been able to do it outside my house (went from a razr to a curve). All of a sudden I wasn't able to get online at home (much less out somewhere), to send/receive PINs, etc. Nothing worked but texts. They couldn't figure it out so I got a new one beginning of last month. FF to today. My new one just suddenly stopped working correctly at 12 pm. All of a sudden the trackball isn't working. One minute it was fine. The next it wasn't working. Did nothing different. In fact, I take exquisite care of my curve. Did 4 battery pulls and a total redo. Nothing. So they're sending out a new one.

Is anyone else having this much trouble? I love my curve and refuse to ever go back to another type of phone, but seriously??? Is this normal?
    04-28-08 08:49 PM
    I've had my 8320 since Jan without any problems.
    04-28-08 09:00 PM
    Got my curve a few months ago from tmo........no problems.
    04-28-08 09:30 PM
    No problems here. Best phone I ever had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 11:19 PM
    No problems here. Best phone I ever had.

ditto

the only time i had problems is when i put 4.5.0.10 on it but after i upgraded to 4.5.0.18 its back to being AMAZING
    04-28-08 11:24 PM
    I had my curve 8320 for two weeks and I love it. You can't go with this one. No problems to report.

04-28-08 11:32 PM
    I've had my Curve since February with heavy use & I haven't had to replace my baby yet - knock on wood!

Are you getting new ones or refurbished ones?
    04-28-08 11:33 PM
    I originally had my curve 8300 since august...had it replaced once because of dust underneath the screen, then another time because of a memory link and they sent me this 8310. But obviously ive never had problems like that!
    04-28-08 11:40 PM
    Hmm. You don't mention the type of plan you are on BES, BIS, email only ($9.95 addon). The plan makes a big difference in the way to Curve operates on T-Mobile's network. The BES plan is the least restrictive and wirelessly syncs the most. Also, check the coverage around your house. Curves seem sensitive to low signal areas (T-Mobile has a lot of those) Mine has worked well except for times when the UMA network gets saturated and I can't make calls on it. OS 4.5 is working well too, I wish they would release it officially.

Good luck. The Blackberry in general has been quite good.

04-29-08 12:12 AM
    I bought my Curve on faith, there is no warranty with a gray market device.

Flawless.
    04-29-08 12:26 AM
    well, it's gotten worse overnight. Now when I make/receive calls, it automatically mutes it and won't let me take it off (b/c the mouse doesn't work). It automatically creates message drafts and just leaves them there in my inbox, not addressed to anyone, w/ no wording in them. UGH. I think I'll have to go back to my razr until my new curve gets here. I can't use it at all now.
    I'm on BIS w/ email, texts, etc added on.
    04-29-08 04:23 AM
    Got mine last Feb and no problems at all either.

04-29-08 05:49 AM
    r u sure you dont have any water damage type issue? check the stickers on the battery and near the sim card. the reason im asking is cuz i had similar problems with my old pearl deciding to call or text its friends without my permission. then i noticed the stickers "showed water damage" and used that as a cozy excuse to ground my pearl and get the curve. no problems since.
    04-29-08 09:19 AM
    Hmmm...very weird. Perhaps you're getting refurbished phones. I can't really pin point because we don't have TMO here. I bought my first Curve on ebay as it was not on the island as yet. My first phone died by drowning and I got the second one here (as they finally got it). I've had no irregular issues with either. The first one the letter e didn't work all that great. I'd have to press the e extra hard for it to show up and weird enough on this one it's the letter q that messes around. It's not like I have to put a lot of pressure...just more than the others.

The only issue I've been having with this one is that I can't get Opera Mini installed which I think has more to do with my provider's ****ty service. Oh and also I cannot see the MMS folder in this one. I remember seeing it in my other phone but not this one. I haven't made much of a big deal about it because it's not working here right now. The provider blames it on Rim

Don't give up on your curve just yet. It's an awesome machine.

04-29-08 09:43 AM
    I joined these forums specifically for that reason.

I also bought my phone on ebay. Probably not smart, but it was in perfect condition when it arrived.

I put my phone in my pocket one day in a rush, without anything to protect it.

The trackball stopped working completely. I couldn't click on anything. Then it would randomly work for a click or two. Then nothing at all.

I also had the problem with it muting my calls, but just pushed the mute button on top of the phone. It was a huge pain in the ***. Now it calls people on its own, and if I'm trying to type a text, it will send the text in the middle of me typing it.

It stopped doing that for a while, and I've just been using the enter button instead of the click function, but it started doing it again today.

04-29-08 11:02 AM
    No problems so far. Great BB.

04-29-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD