Sorry guys if this has been asked somewhere else, I tried searching and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I just joined Twitter and downloaded Ubertwiter. As of right now I'm getting updates into Ubertwiter and to my text messages. Can I set it to just get them through Ubertwiter? If not is there a way to set my alerts to exclude my tweets? I need to be alerted when friends text, but not for every tweet I receive.

I hope I made myself clear.

TIA
    06-26-09 06:22 AM
    It sounds like you have Twitter set to text updates to you, which is a setting that will need to be changed through Twitter itself and not UberTwitter. To turn them off, you will have to go through each person that you follow (Home Page > Followers) and then click the option FOR EACH PERSON to turn device updates OFF. This should fix your issue. If you have any questions, I'm @ou_flyer.
    06-26-09 07:16 AM
    But you can also turn on/off Ubertwitter notifications in your blackberry phone profiles. So if you turn off notifications in the phone profile you won't receive any notifications. If you want to receive notifications from certain friends leave the UT notifications On for the phone profile, and turn Off device updates for all your twitter followers, except for your friends. Then I think even your responses won't reach your BB for those followers you don't want to receive notifications from.
    06-26-09 12:16 PM
    Thanks, I knew someone would have the answer here!
    06-26-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD