Amongst several other issues, since I've updated to the 4.5OS, I've noticed that occasionally when I type a text the words Automatically. Start. Doing. This.
    Which can convey an entirely wrong message in text.
    Also, when this happens, the ALT key doesn't work, so I can't insert punctuation of any sort, or numbers.

Sometimes, it happens when a web page is loading. However, a few times it's happened seemingly out of the blue.

Has anyone had this happen?
    Any way to fix or avoid this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 10:58 AM
    Are you sure you're not pressing extra spaces between words. If you double space, the BB automatically ends the last word with a period and capitalizes the next word. I'm not sure on the ALT key.... You may end up having to wipe and reinstall the OS.
    02-11-09 11:22 AM
    I don't think it is version specific but what you are seeing is usually a result of hitting the space bar twice. It puts in two spaces but adds a period to the last letter.
    I don't know about the ALT key thing. If you are not hitting the space bar twice and it still is doing it, pull the battery while the unit is on and replace it.
    If it continues, post back and someone will have more suggestions.
    Good Luck!
    02-11-09 11:22 AM
    Okay, I've had my Curve for a year, and know about pushing the space bar twice.
    No, I'm not pushing it twice, or I wouldn't be asking this question. :3

And I've done a couple battery pulls since then, due to myspace not working/showing up on my device since the upgrade, despite deleting and reinstalling, etc.
    02-11-09 12:01 PM
    Good responses though. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:39 PM
    Okay, I've had my Curve for a year, and know about pushing the space bar twice.
    No, I'm not pushing it twice, or I wouldn't be asking this question. :3

And I've done a couple battery pulls since then, due to myspace not working/showing up on my device since the upgrade, despite deleting and reinstalling, etc.
    I've had this issue as well... sometimes it fixes itself other times i have to do a battery pull.
    02-11-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD