Hi, I'm a newbie to the BB world. Anyways, is there a way I can type more than one sms text at one time? On my old phones (windows mobile and other devices) after I used 160 characters (1 sms text), I was still able to continue typing and it would just display a #2 at the top of the screen to let me know that I was typing a second sms text but with the BB, after I use type 160 characters, it tells me that the field is full and I have to either save it or send it and I'm not done composing the text. Pretty much, is there a way to type more than one sms text at a time?
    02-27-09 12:23 PM
    No, Blackberry doesn't have this feature on their phones. I think it is kind of stupid, especially since I use the have the Envy from Verizon and it would automatically go into a 2nd text for me but BB don't do it. I hope they eventually will, this has seemed to be a request for a while now.
    02-27-09 12:26 PM
    Not possible with Sprint.. I think you cannot on CDMA, but I can with tmobile and AT&T (which are gsm)
    02-27-09 12:26 PM
    Unless I'm missing something I'm pretty sure it can be done, unless it is a carrier specific issue. I'm on Rogers using a Bold and I can type up to 6 sms in one shot, it just says at the top SMS 1/6,2/6 etc..
    02-27-09 12:44 PM
    Sprint is the carrier that can't as rachel said. 160 char max limit.
    Also a bummer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:56 PM
    Same goes for Alltel; 160 max
    02-27-09 01:52 PM
    Not possible with Sprint.. I think you cannot on CDMA, but I can with tmobile and AT&T (which are gsm)

Sprint sucks! But thanks for the info
    02-27-09 02:24 PM
    Sprint is the carrier that can't as rachel said. 160 char max limit.
    Also a bummer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This wasnt an issue at all on Sprint windows mobile phones. The character limit was 960 which meant 6 text could be done at a time. Damn I miss those days but I've never ever ever go back to a windows phone.
    02-27-09 02:26 PM
    Yeah.. My friend who's on T-Mobile said "160 (1/6)" or something like that.. All mine says is 160. But to think about it, it is called Short Messaging System for a reason lol. Or else it'd be called LMS, Long Messaging System, which then would turn into an email.
    03-02-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD