I have a Blackberry Curve 8300 (my first blackberry device) and it has repeatedly shut down, gone to a white screen with an hourglass for 2-3 minutes, then loaded up my homescreen again and displays "verifying security updates" or something. It does this in the middle of calls, texts, etc. I am not sure what is happening - any ideas?

I had this problem Friday afternoon - it did this three times in a row, then it showed a missed call, which I checked and returned. Now the missed call is permanently on my homescreen. I've shut down my device, removed the battery, deleted all missed calls - nothing is removing this. What do I need to do to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much.
    10-30-07 10:41 AM
    Take it back to the store and ask for a replacement, it sounds like you have a defective one.
    10-30-07 11:01 AM
    Take it back to the store and ask for a replacement, it sounds like you have a defective one.
    I second that
    10-30-07 11:03 AM
    on friday i had the "checking security updates" and then hour glass come up on my phone. it took about two minutes and then my phone power cycled and worked fine afterward. i have the 8703e tho and im on a different network so upon further thought i am no help lol sorry

i agree with what was previously posted
    10-30-07 11:06 AM
    Thank you all! I will try to upgrade with the link you sent me, audit. If that doesn't help, I'm going to insist on a new device at the store.
    10-30-07 11:29 AM
    mine is doing the same thing, it is a refurb - two days old and so far every call has been dropped. the call usually lasts for a few minutes but then it drops and shutsdown after 2 min of hourglass. upon restart it says verifying secutity goes to 100% and then works again?

any help would be awesome.
    11-22-07 12:02 PM
    I had the missed calls icon problem with my 8300 Curve. I recently updated my software and it fixed the problem. The update also fixed the issue with memory drain. You can go to AT&T.com and do a search for "curve software update." Then look for a link to RIM's website for the current updated. I would have posted the URL but crackberry wouldn't let me add it to my post.
    11-22-07 02:11 PM
    Im sending it back, is there a way to copy or save the celender to sim

or will I have to re-input all of my appointments?

also should I try yet another 8300 or go blackjack?
    Last edited by jbp7hl; 11-24-07 at 11:20 PM.
    11-24-07 11:15 PM
    Im sending it back, is there a way to copy or save the celender to sim

or will I have to re-input all of my appointments?

also should I try yet another 8300 or go blackjack?
    Well the calandar option is up too you, if you plan on getting another curve just do a backup before you return it, then load it when you get your new one...if you don't plan on getting another curve, your stuck inputting it manually.
    11-25-07 12:14 AM
    Thank you all! I will try to upgrade with the link you sent me, audit. If that doesn't help, I'm going to insist on a new device at the store.
    I have the same thing happening to my Pearl. It has the latest t-mobile firmware 107.
    I called and they said they would send me a replacement. Is that always a refurb? I got this only 3 months ago.
    12-13-07 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD