Long time Palm Treo (Windows Mobile) user here and new to Blackberry. At first I thought I made the wrong choice, but 3 days later, as I play around with it and learn the features, the Curve is growing on me. Now my Palm seems like an antiquated, cumbersome brick in comparison.

There are two things bugging me though:

1. When I end a call, the screen stays on the call log screen and I have to back out of it with either the red end button or return (arrow) button to get back to the home screen. I'm not sure why Blackberry designed it this way, but is there an option to change this? If not, is there a 3rd party app available that brings you back to the home screen after a call ends?

2. I received an email attachment in excel. Is there any way to save word or excel documents once opened and not the entire email that goes "Saved Messages?" If so, how is this done and what folder would it be saved to.

Thanks in advance for your help. This is a great and informative forum.
    Last edited by robcourt; 12-05-08 at 06:17 PM.
    12-05-08 06:13 PM
    1. I don't believe there is any way.
    2. Yes with Docs2Go Premium (costs money).
    12-05-08 06:18 PM

Hope that answered your question, welcome to the addiction
    12-05-08 06:29 PM
    Thanks for the quick response, sunkast. I'm not sure what the programmers were thinking or what their logic is in having the screen go to call log after a call. It's a little annoying.

I'll also give Docs2Go a look and see if it's worth it.

Thanks for the welcome, joe. Addiction? I'm already in a Blackberry coma! Great links in your signature, btw.

Anyway, I'm sure to learn a lot from all of you and hopefully in the near future I'll know enough to help others in this forum.
    12-05-08 06:41 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    12-05-08 06:43 PM
    Thanks, Buddy! Glad to be here.
    12-05-08 07:26 PM
    Hmm, I just tested what I do, because I realized I always hit the red end button twice when I hang up....but if I hit it once it just goes straight to the home screen.

If you go to the Call Log and hit the menu button/options is there something in there you can play around with?

Maybe someone with the same service may know something about this....
    12-05-08 08:24 PM
    maybe beamreader2
    12-05-08 08:28 PM
    Ok, figured it out....if your Dial From Homescreen is set to NO, then when you press the end button it goes straight to call log. If it's set to yes, home screen. I have it set to yes, because I like to be able to just start typing a name or number without hitting the green button first...
    12-05-08 08:32 PM
    Ok, figured it out....if your Dial From Homescreen is set to NO, then when you press the end button it goes straight to call log. If it's set to yes, home screen. I have it set to yes, because I like to be able to just start typing a name or number without hitting the green button first...
    Confirmed Nice find tracey!!
    12-06-08 01:30 AM
    Thanks, tracey! Good find...
    12-06-08 05:03 PM
    cool find. noob question now. where do i go to set Dial from Homescreen?
    12-06-08 05:35 PM
    hi robcourt, welcome to crack
    12-06-08 05:50 PM
    cool find. noob question now. where do i go to set Dial from Homescreen?
    Open up your call log, menu/options and you will see it there.....
    12-06-08 05:52 PM
    hi robcourt, welcome to crack
    Thanks, b450
    12-06-08 06:07 PM
    There IS a free solution for viewing excel documents. GridMagic Community Edition offers free, though limited, excel compatibility for the blackberry. Click here: GridMagic for BlackBerry - Excel Compatible BlackBerry Spreadsheet

Let me know if this works for you and welcome to your new crackberry addiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD