Hello addicts,

Today, as I rode the bus up to work, a friend and I had our blackberries out. Both of us have the same model (Curve) and I noticed that her trackball light is off while mine is on. I was thinking that perhaps I could conserve battery by turning it off too, so I proceeded to look in the options list for a way to turn it off.

Alas, I didn't find anything, so I decided to make a post here to see if anyone here knows how? I am betting it will save considerable battery life, only focusing on the screen instead of both the screen and the lighting on the trackball.

Then again, it might be theme-oriented. She has an AT&T Theme up, while I have a T-Mo theme up so hrmm. I didn't try that, but I guess I will soon if you guys don't have an alternative method. It's not a huge deal but it'll be cool if we knew how to turn it off.

Thanks,

zornedge
    07-10-07 08:36 AM
    I wonder, did she have her backlight on, or not? I wonder if it was simply her auto backlight settings...
    07-10-07 09:05 AM
    Well, I just got on the bus with her and immediately checked her backlight settings.

Here's the settings to turn it on/off:

Go to Options - Screen/Keyboard

Find "Automatic Backlight'

Automatic Backlight: On (turns off trackball lighting... quite odd)

Automatic Backlight: Off (turns on trackball...)

So what exactly does this automatic backlight do? I mean, I thought it illuminates the entire screen automatically but I guess I'm wrong seeing that there's a different function for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit: It appears the backlight is designed for the whole device body - not only the screen but the keyboard and the phone icons and etc.
    Last edited by zornedge; 07-10-07 at 08:43 PM.
    07-10-07 04:36 PM
    Hey i have a blackberry pearl 8100 and i want to tun the trackball light off to conserve battery

everyone says go to options, screen/keyboard, trackball, off

but when i go to the screen the only options for the trackball is horizontal sensitivy vertical sensitivity and audible roll

come someone please help me?
    03-01-09 08:11 AM
    yeah me too
    any response?
    06-01-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD