When the phone gets to 5 percent the radio turns off, we all know this. I am pretty sure that you can't turn the radio back on until the battery level is back at 20 percent. I have tried turning the radio back on by either making a call or by going into manage connections.

Is there any way to turn the radio back on after you get it up to say 10 percent or so or do you have to wait until 20?

Thanks.
    08-16-08 02:35 AM
    Manage connections > put a check in the Mobile Network box,
    but you do need to wait until it gets back to an acceptable
    battery level. In OS 4.5 I think this issue does not exist.
    08-16-08 02:38 AM
    Oh ok nice, I just upgraded I'll give it a try when the battery drops below 5.
    08-16-08 04:21 AM
    I just downloaded the OS 4.5 and listen to the radio on my 8310 until it went dead
    08-16-08 08:02 AM
    Keith is talking about the radio in the phone the one that let's you make and receive calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 08:04 AM
    A battery pull will fix this. Remove battery while device is on, wait a minute and re-insert.

08-16-08 08:07 AM
    Oh ok nice, I just upgraded I'll give it a try when the battery drops below 5.
    Just one small point in case you are not aware. Li-Ion batteries do not
    like being deep discharged. It is much better for the life of the battery
    to top it off regularly as opposed to running it down.
    08-16-08 09:13 AM
    I hear that, too bad the battery life on this device sucks.
    08-16-08 09:18 AM
    I'm viewing the thread on my BB so I don't get all the user details so I don't know at the time of posting which model you have. How many hours of use do you get from a full charge? And what thing(s) do you do that most of that time consists of?

08-17-08 01:51 AM
    On OS 4.6 the radio (network connections) does not turn off at all, it stays on until the device shuts down and runs out of juice.

08-17-08 01:59 AM
    A battery pull will fix this. Remove battery while device is on, wait a minute and re-insert.

What are you talking about? I've done this when the radio went off and when everything booted back up, the radio stayed off because it hadnt reached an acceptable level.
    08-17-08 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD