Thought I would get some feedback on this. Who turns off at night and why? I usuaslly put my phone on silent anyway, so I figured why not turn my BB off at night to save the battery. Surely it can't take more battery to power down and up than to leave the phone on standby while I sleep. Opinions?
    06-30-09 06:09 AM
    I have mine shut down for an hour during the night. If I remember correctly, it's suppose to help with memory. I don't know if it helps that much. I charge my berry during the night and put it on phone only so incoming messages don't wake me up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 06:25 AM
    Only time I power mine off is when I do a battery pull.

06-30-09 06:29 AM
    I never turn my phone off, or silence it at night. If there is an emergency of any kind, it is the only way my family can get in contact with me.
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 06-30-09 at 07:26 AM.
    06-30-09 06:35 AM
    I never turn my phone off, or silence it at night. If there is an emergency of any kind it is the only way my family can get in contact with me.
    That's the same reason why I don't turn mine off at night.

06-30-09 06:40 AM
    I've wondered this myself, with my "regular" phones I usually shut them off once or twice a week, since I was told by my carrier's associates that they send out updates at night a few times during the week. Now that I have a Curve & we can pretty much update them whenever we want, I just kinda followed habit & have mine auto set to turn off & on at one set of times for week days & another for weekends. I mainly do this to extend my battery life & not always have to have it on the charger. It is my only phone too but since I'm over 1000 miles away from "home" in an emergency I couldn't do much until the next morning anyway so turning mine off isn't such a big deal to me. But I'd love to hear what everyone else does, I'm always looking to improve my Berry!
    06-30-09 06:50 AM
    I do not turn the phone off at night; I just set the sound profile to phone calls only. I feel like that sound profile is there for that reason and what is the point of having something so convenient if you are going to turn it off.
    06-30-09 07:00 AM
    I never shut my phone off kinda like my computer which has an uptime of about 2months as of this morning.

hopefully blackberrys like to be left on. I havent owned one long enough to know.
    06-30-09 07:09 AM
    I never turn my BB of unless it needs a battery pull. I've had it a year in August and my battery life is bad. I have to charge it through the day because I'm on it so much or I don't charge it the night before.
    06-30-09 07:20 AM
    Mines always on....the only time its off is when I do a battery pull

06-30-09 07:38 AM
    Mine is usually always on. It's my lifeline so I don't turn it off unless necessary
    06-30-09 07:43 AM
    I have my on auto on/off at night for a few hours just to save batt. time & I like to sleep in & avoid interruptions I usually leave it on all weekend though..
    06-30-09 07:52 AM
    Mine powers down every night at 1100 back on 0500 i have been doing this for a year never had a problem it help the memory.
    06-30-09 08:05 AM
    Turning it off won't help free file free memory, only a reset or battery pull will do that. However, it doesn't hurt to turn it off or leave it on. I leave mine on so people can contact me. I also put mine in it's charging cradle every night. I am on mine all day and use my battery up, but it's my understanding it won't hurt the battery to charge every night. With an 83xx curve, you should be doing a reset every week anyway.

06-30-09 08:53 AM
    Hmm. I set mine to auto shut off weeknight from midnight to 6. I will see how I like it.
    New to bb, what does a battery pull do for me? Why would I reset once a week? How do I reset?
    06-30-09 08:23 PM
    I not only don't turn it off at night but I light it up while charging via BB Light.
    06-30-09 08:34 PM
    I never turn it off, unless for battery pull

06-30-09 08:37 PM
    I never turn my phone off, or silence it at night. If there is an emergency of any kind, it is the only way my family can get in contact with me.

That's why I leave mine on.
    06-30-09 09:05 PM
    I turn mine off and charge it while I'm sleeping.

06-30-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD