Is there any way to turn off the "time out" for the backlight? The longest I can set it for is 2 minutes and there is no option to keep it on indefinitely. This gets annoying when I'm reading lengthy articles, emails, etc.

By the way, I've owned the Curve for 2 days and I'm hooked!
    08-17-07 03:12 PM
    none that I know of, sorry
    07-03-08 06:56 PM
    There's a free 3rd party application called BBLight that will help. Just google bblight and you'll find it.
    07-03-08 08:43 PM
    Keep in mind that the backlight is set to time out to save battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 08:47 PM
    I agree. Having the thing go blank after only 2 minutes is annoying. I'd rather charge my battery more often.

BB Light and AutoStandby are both great applications, but neither extend the BackLight timer.

I was thinking it would be nice if BB Light had a new feature to extend (or multiply) the backlight timer so you could get it to stay on longer (e.g., set from 3 to 60 minutes or more). I tried looking at the source code for BB Light, but I'm not a Java guy.

Is anyone with Java skills willing to take a look at it?
    11-06-08 01:11 PM
    I wish they would include an option to be able to leave the backlight when connected to external power. Anyone know if BB has somewhere ot post a wish list?
    11-06-08 01:58 PM
    if you use the program autolock, you can change that setting Bronx
    11-06-08 02:01 PM
    BB light already has the option to leave the backlight on while on external power. Best of all, it's free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 02:29 PM
    I tried downloading BBlight from my BB browser.

it said" the item you selected cannot be displayed . Do you wish to save the item? yes/no

Yes takes me to media card to save.
    11-06-08 04:32 PM
    Download it to your PC and install it with the App Loader. That's how I did it. I don't know that it has an OTA install option.
    11-06-08 04:46 PM
    I have been having a problem with the calendar alarms whilst driving home. Phone is in the hands free holster, I have set a reminder to stop off at supermarket to get partners list and I am driving home with phone screen blacked out.

The alarm goes off, I cant hear it as the radio is playing good music for a change and the screen remains blank, go home and before I get coat off have to go to supermarket!

This app should sort this problem out for me, thanks for the link
    11-13-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD