I've set up my email account on my BB and am trying to figure out how to turn it off and on. I check the emails in this account from my personal computer. I don't need my entire Inbox on my BB, I only need to check any updates or new emails when I am away from my computer.

For example, I leave my computer for my lunch hour. I only want to receive the emails from this account during that one hour.

I've been poring over the manual, tips/tricks, etc., etc. and have not been able to find anything.

Any suggestions? THANKS!
    04-21-09 06:16 PM
    NOt the way the mail works. There is no option for this.
    04-21-09 06:31 PM
    Actually there is a way to what you want, but it's not done from the phone. It is done from the BIS website for your carrier ( Blackberry Internet Service)User name & login are the ones you used on the phone to first setup email accounts.

Once logged in, click on "Filters" beside the account for which you want to turn off the sending of emails to your phone. In the screen that comes up. click the radio button that says 'do not forward emails to this device". That'll stop your phone getting your emails, uncheck the radio button to turn phone email receipt back on. Note that any emails send during time you;'ve turned it off will NEVER get sent to your phone.

This all is assuming your employer doesn't control your email through BES, and that you control it on your own.
    04-21-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD