Hi all,

I was wondering if you can assist. I'm looking for an application, not sure if it exists, that would enable the BB to read an SMS or email. Is there such a thing? Can you please provide a few examples?

Thanks in advance,
    MD
    07-22-08 04:36 PM
    Text To Speech is really needed. I would just love to be driving along and have my BlackBerry read me an incoming email or SMS.

Right now I do not know of such an app. Sorry. If I did, I would already be using it.
    07-22-08 04:43 PM
    Funny, I was thinking about the exact same thing earlier. That would be an awesome app.
    07-22-08 04:46 PM
    That's exactly what I would like to use it for. I mean, we have hands-free phone calls, then why not hands-free SMS/email.

I think a few of the Nokia's have this feature, the N75.
    07-22-08 05:18 PM
    I want it too.....I'll pay (a little)
    08-23-08 01:24 PM
    Text to speech would be great. How many people out there - west coasters at 8am catching up on 3 hours of east coast email - try to read their Blackberry email while driving to work? Actually, I dont want to know - that's a scary thought...
    09-01-08 02:32 AM
    I know of one, im am a BB freak, just had to mention that first before saying what im about to say. My co-worker has a HTC with WM, WM has a built in feature with their VAD that annouces incoming calls, e-mails and SMS. Im looking into it now.
    03-26-09 04:05 PM
    Guys I found a cool TTS (text to voice) application in App World today, I guess its a very recent addition .. called mailTalk by Maildover (?) go to BB App World, under productivity and utilities->on the go productivity, or just search for "mail" ...

The GUI is not state of the art but it works nicely for me, I have Storm, Verizon .. you can choose either auto mode where it reads every new email as it comes, or manual mode where you invoke it when u want. Choose either male or female voice, female voice sounds kinda German?? anyway have fun .. its nice when u driving the car or walking etc, may help also people having troubles reading the small print
    07-01-09 10:06 PM
    mailTalk email to voice (text to speech, TTS) now available also here on crackberry, for Blackberry Tour, Curve, Bold, Storm...
    07-22-09 09:57 PM
    mailTalk email to voice (text to speech, TTS) now available also here on crackberry, for Blackberry Tour, Curve, Bold, Storm...
    I tried installing MailTalk on a Curve 8330 (does not have WiFi, but does have OTA) and when I select "Go!" from the menu, I am getting this message: "Cannot send txt msg to server, check Internet Connection". Any ideas?
    09-04-09 08:16 AM
    Guys I found a cool TTS (text to voice) application in App World today, I guess its a very recent addition .. called mailTalk by Maildover (?) go to BB App World, under productivity and utilities->on the go productivity, or just search for "mail" ...

The GUI is not state of the art but it works nicely for me, I have Storm, Verizon .. you can choose either auto mode where it reads every new email as it comes, or manual mode where you invoke it when u want. Choose either male or female voice, female voice sounds kinda German?? anyway have fun .. its nice when u driving the car or walking etc, may help also people having troubles reading the small print
    Will it do both emails and text messages?
    09-04-09 08:20 AM
    No sms reader
    09-04-09 08:53 AM
    Go to DriveSafe.ly beta
    This is a new app. It will read you txt and email. It is still beta. I wish we could find something to one that will read and we could talk to txt or mail back.
    09-04-09 09:36 AM
    Have they come out with an app that can read the text in a web page? I spend a lot of time doing research for work; construction management. It would be handy to pull up the code book and have it speak the code.
    I know Vlingo can get me to the web site, but I do a lot of my research on the run...literally.
    09-26-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD