new to the forum - great stuff here....

i want to know if i am able to view my security camera's i have at my office on my BB - i use internet explorer to access them -- goto the url http:// then my ip address and port number -- i am then prompted to input user name and password (speco remote) -- after that the camera's load...

any help would be greatly appriciated!

thanks guys!

johnny
    10-10-08 06:25 PM
    If U have a data plan they yeah U should be able to go into the BB Browser and access it the same way that U normally do..
    10-10-08 08:32 PM
    try using opera mini, that might work better than the standard browser in your situation
    10-10-08 08:55 PM
    If U have a data plan they yeah U should be able to go into the BB Browser and access it the same way that U normally do..
    Yes, i have data plan -- problem arises when i enter the web/ip address - i can tell that it "loads" the page, but nothing shows on my screen.
    10-11-08 06:15 AM
    try using opera mini, that might work better than the standard browser in your situation
    ramgoat - thank you for your reply -- i am unfamiliar with "opera mini" - is that 3rd party software i can download? what will it do/allow differently then the BB Browser.
    Thanks again!

J
    10-11-08 06:16 AM
    [QUOTE=johnnyd3;819624]Yes, i have data plan -- problem arises when i enter the web/ip address - i can tell that it "loads" the page, but nothing shows on my screen.[/QUOTE.

Does the viewing web page use FLASH in some way to present the camera view? If it does then there's your problem because Blackberry has no FLASH support/
    10-11-08 06:17 AM
    ramgoat - thank you for your reply -- i am unfamiliar with "opera mini" - is that 3rd party software i can download? what will it do/allow differently then the BB Browser.
    Thanks again!

J
    Here ya go: http://www.operamini.com/download/
    10-11-08 06:18 AM
    thanks cipherdias! to view cam;s i believe Active X is needed... does that make sense?

Thank you for the link for operamini --- can you tell what benefits this has?
    10-11-08 06:43 AM
    thanks cipherdias! to view cam;s i believe Active X is needed... does that make sense?

Thank you for the link for operamini --- can you tell what benefits this has?
    Opera Mini renders pages faster, displays them more true to original format and is just overall faster. I did a quick search and didn't see anything saying that Opera Mini DOES support ActiveX but also found nothing saying that it does NOT! Worth a try I would say or if it doesn't work go to handango.com and get WorldCam viewer. It allows you to add your own webcams to view in the favorites, plus there is a free trial, then $11.99. Let me know if U need anything further...
    10-11-08 07:02 AM
    PERFECT! thanks a million - appreciate the quick response!
    10-11-08 07:06 AM
    PERFECT! thanks a million - appreciate the quick response!
    Your welcome, hope U can get it to work for U
    10-11-08 07:44 AM
    06-08-12 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD