Hey everyone .. I am virtually hopeless when it comes to all the technical terms involving blackberry. I have spent the morning trying to figure out how to upgrade my operating system so I may have the new BBM that everyone seems to be raving about. I'm running V 4.3.0.124 on 3.1.0.71 platform. I have checked out the RIM website but it's not very "dummy -friendly". I searched for available software downloads for my specific device but it doesn't appear to offer an OS thats high enough for the new BBM with my platform. I'm afraid to do anything without black and white instructions cause I really don't know much about it and I do NOT want to screw up my berry :S Can anyone help? Thank in advance
    01-03-10 03:59 PM
    What device model are you using?

If your device is compatible, this is the easiest way.

Go here on your computer with your BlackBerry connected to the USB. BlackBerry - Update your Device Software You must use Internet Explorer.

Also, you should update your profile which reads "HTC Touch" which isn't compatible with BBM.
    01-03-10 04:47 PM
    Also, make sure you always do a back up using Desktop Manager just in case you need to restore your contacts, BBM PINs and what not. If I were you, I'd back up your third party apps if you have any by using BBSAK v1.5. You can also load an OS with that too. BBSAK works fine for me.
    01-03-10 08:32 PM
    I think the op is saying his canadian provider is not offering 4.5 or above so that bbm 5.0 will work. I think the stickys will have a newer os you can use with your carrier you will need to remove the vender file. I am not sure what os you need but maybe a post in the os forum or one of the guys will jump in.. htc touch ouch!!
    01-03-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD