whereever the experts think is best. I want to sync my phone with yahoo so I will have my address book always updated. Because I had to wipe my phone last week and lost just about everything (had some address book on my KATANA to download what was there).

I just now did a fresh back up of my device. (however I got a message that says :
    Error Backing up DataBase [profiles}6 of 8 entries retrieved

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated... I always come here first!!!
    Thanks, Shari
    06-10-10 04:15 PM
    I get a similar message every time. I am pretty sure it just means that if I restored from the backup, that a couple of the profiles won't be restored. It should not affect contacts at all.

Are you also asking how to sync to Yahoo? That can be done in the Desktop Manager Synchronization Configuration. I use two computers, so I have one that I use to back up to, and sync to Outlook. The other computer I use for occasional backups, but I have Desktop manager configured to sync to Yahoo.
    06-10-10 04:45 PM
    i did notice that yeasterday when i was trying to figure this out ... Outlook was mentioned, we don't have outlook and i couldn't find a download that wasn't attached to some kind of "cleaner" that needed to be purchased before the download... SCAM...
    Is there any other way w/o outlook?
    06-10-10 05:15 PM
    You don't need Outlook. You can use Desktop Manager to sync with Yahoo. It's just that changing the configuration is tedious, so I leave one of my computers set up to sync with Yahoo, and the other is set up to sync with Outlook.
    06-10-10 05:22 PM
    In other words, the way I am doing it, I have contacts backed up 3 places:
    the BlackBerry backup, Outlook contacts, and Yahoo contacts. My calendar, memos, and tasks can be backed up to either Outlook or Yahoo. Extra redundancy.
    06-10-10 05:24 PM
    I just did it to my Yahoo, yay! I rebooted the desktop and the phone and when they both came up it started syncing. So my addresses are all add to my yahoo... So at least they are somewhere. Just need to organize better. Thanks for your help.
    Shari

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD