hello all this is my very first blackberry, it is the curve 8300, my problem is that me and a friend traded phones, had a krzr and it sucked, she had already an email account set up, if it helps she connected using her yahoo account. I have looked on this site andd it said that i can change the email address by going into options and changing the cmme, the thing is i cna get the option to change it but when i actually try to change it nothing happens. Have any of you ever had this problem before? if there is alot of typos or grammer issues with my port i apologise i am on my blackberry typing this.

thanks in advance
    shacker
    05-02-08 07:11 PM
    First, welcome and congrats on your new device.

Secondly, Have you wiped the device? Go to Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Hit the menu Key --> Select 'Wipe Handheld'

When it's done, you can now set your BB up from scratch, removing unwanted languages, etc.

After you get familiar with your BB, you can use this guide to optimize it.
    05-02-08 07:17 PM
    You also stated that you are typing on your BB...

You can actually access a faster version (mobile) of the site. Point your Browser to 'wap.crackberry.com'

You can either check the blogs, posts or scroll down to install the Crackberry launcher.
    05-02-08 07:20 PM
    ahh nuts, other than the email i have optimised the entire curve to how i want it.. is there a way i can wipe it without losing all my apps? it took me a week alone to find a im program that would allow me to access my yahoo(got to say i love accessing my aim, myspace, and msn at the same time as well). if you guys know of any way to do the wipe without losing all my apps (i paid for most apps and am afraid i might have to pay for them again.

thanks for the mobile link to crackberry.

while i have your attention do you know of any websites that i can download music from, full songs not just ringtones.
    05-02-08 08:15 PM
    So... I was having the same difficulties with the email.... The problem is... he doesn't remember his password and when i select forgot password it sends it to the number associated with email.... but that number is no longer in service!! UGH! So... I finally decided i could re enter all 398 contacts and reset all my personalized ringtones.... So I wiped the phones memory... and I still can't get the email off?!?!?! Will tech support be able to help or will I have to bring it in? I brought it in today and they just said to enter the previous persons address... but thats not working lol.....
    09-17-09 09:06 PM
    They should be able to reset the password on the BIS site. Once that's done you can add and remove email accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 12:09 AM
    my problem is that me and a friend traded phones which is blackberry curve 8520. she had already an email account set up, if it helps she connected using her yahoo account. I How can I change the email address? I have many process to follow but nothings change. thanks.
    06-27-13 01:15 AM
    for the people who may not know, when u wipe the device u get a clean slate. however, if u do a backup before u wipe and do a full restore of data u will end up with the same email issues as before. if u want to get rid of an old email account from a device, the best option is a factory reset (can use BBSAK to do this). this will bring the phone back to its factory state, while a device wipe may not always work like that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using CrackBerry Forums App
    06-29-13 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD