Just migrated from basic cell phone to BB. I heard it will make my life easier. Plus, it is my primary phone, and the BB is getting better reviews then nearly all basic cell phones. I have had the Curve 8310 for a little more then a week. Just bought a nice sledgehammer, as this BB doesn't want to be my friend. I am using BIS. I figured out how to set up email. I figured out how to sync with my notebook pc. How do I save things to the media card? What can I save to the media card (MS Word, Excel, notepad, etc), to be used as attachments in emails? Just now found out that I will have to buy more software for financial services programs. Which is the best software program for this ( including a financial calculator)? Pyxis, powerOne? How do I know which operating system I am using, and when I have to dowload updates? Is this going to be like Service patches for Windows? I don't do Videos, I don't do Music, I rarely do pictures. Do I have a choice which GPS system to use? Are there free GPS systems that I can use on this BB? By the time I figure this out, a new model will be here. Maybe I should go back to the Razr. The BB owners manual doesn't explain much. Thanks in advance for all advice.

[Edit] Oops, I forgot something. When I reply to an email from my notebook pc, it sends a copy of the reply to the BB. I fixed this by setting up a filter on the website I used to create the email account on the BB. However, when I reply to an email from the BB, it sends a copy of the reply back to the BB. Sort of like a sent messages folder, but there isn't a sent messages folder. How do I stop this. AT&T rep says I don't stop this. It is because I am on BIS. Are they correct? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-01-07 at 08:00 PM. Reason: merged posts
    12-01-07 06:57 PM
    Hi

Just Do A Search In This Forum And The Cd Came With Your Bb Helps U More , U Have All The Answers Here , Be Patient , I Had The Same Problem A Week Ago !!! This Is Not A Cheap Razr It Is A Pc!!

You Will Love It It Is Takes Some Time !

Good Luck
    12-01-07 08:43 PM
    Welcome to the Forum!

When saving, you are always prompted to save to a specific path. Just like on your PC, direct it to your media folder.

As for MS Word, Excel, notepad files, as long as they are inside your media card, you can use it as attachment. (check the file size though as there is a limit of attachment that you can attach)

There are a lot of applications you can find, most of them aren't free. Go to handango.com, that's where I usually get my applications. You might check Ascendo Money, that's what I use for my financial stuffs.

Since your device has a GPS capability, you can use Google Maps, if you are looking for free app. But this is nothing like the "real" GPS system with Turn by Turn direction. To download this app, open your BlackBerry Browser and go to >http://www.google.com/gmm<

As for stopping sent email sent back to your BlackBerry, you can do this by going to that email account setting and filter your BlackBerry email address. For your reference, click this link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

It is important to always research on what the BlackBerry can do for you. A lot of users just buy it because somebody said it was good, only to find out that it was just too complicated for their liking and it just wasn't for them.
    12-01-07 08:50 PM
    Thank You !!!
    12-01-07 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD