I am trying to backup all of my contacts into my outlook, I tried via DM, but I'm not sure if it actually synched and backed up?

When I open outlook express, it asks me for the password to my isp's mail account, which I never use so I dont know.

I should still be able to access the contacts that I synched up right?
    Last edited by PsychedelicWonders; 11-09-08 at 12:19 AM.
    11-08-08 11:57 PM
    I wne to synchroization:

Then I went to configuration on the left, then the sychronize tab there, applied the outlook express settings, it says processing for a split second and then nothing else happens.

Did I back them up?

Must I log into my DSL companies mail client to view my contacts?
    11-09-08 01:04 AM
    And I believe regular outlook isnt on my computer any more, just this express.

My work might have removed it, I really have no idea. (I have home access, so they have their software on my windows portion)

There is one section while seeting up express for my address book and my bb.

It asks me if I want to:

Use existing Main idenity

or

Use default shared profile.

I've tried both, neither seem to import the address book for me to access it.

Any thoughts?

This is driving me insane.
    11-09-08 01:14 AM
    To the best of my knowledge, you'll need the full outlook program to sync with the BB. I'm not aware of outlook express working the same way. Anyone else have an idea about this?
    11-09-08 07:47 AM
    According to another post on this topic: You can sync with OL x-Press but you can only sync contacts. No calendar, task, notes etc. like you can with Outlook. I have not verified this, but also found this Software Download: Sync Outlook To Blackberry
    11-09-08 09:08 AM
    oddly enough, I dont think I have regular outlook.

I've serached high and low on my comp, only express.

I can just download it for free right?

Express seems to have an address book, but doesnt seem to import them?
    11-09-08 09:09 AM
    No, Outlook is not free. :-) You either buy Outlook, or buy the Office Suite of products.
    11-09-08 09:24 AM
    ahh really?

Wow.

I have microsoft office, so I will try installing that now and see what happens.
    11-09-08 09:46 AM
    alright I installed regular outlook.

Now I went back into configure sync and it alllowed me to select just regular Outlook instead of Express.

But when I try to select it and hit next, I get an error message saying:

No profiles were found in registry.

What does that mean and how do I fix it?
    11-09-08 10:01 AM
    Alright never mind, I just needed to set up outlook.

I did that, tried to sync, and still doesnt import into outlook?

What am I doing wrong?

I keep hitting the "Sychronize" button right next to "Update device date & time."

It says processing, but nothing happens in outlook?
    11-09-08 10:06 AM
    Mine syncs w/ outlook no problem, not through outlook, I sync using desktop manager and calander and contacts sync everytime, even syncs contacts pics to outlook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 10:10 AM
    I'm sorry, I am trying to sync with DM.

I am under sync and then did configure and then I keep hitting the "Sychronize" button right next to "Update device date & time."

It says processing, but nothing happens in outlook?
    11-09-08 10:23 AM
    Do you have outlook opened during the sync?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 10:28 AM
    SUCCESS!

I just didnt have one of the boxes highlighted.

Now it ripped out 145 contacts, how do I check my BB to make sure there were 145 contacts to start?
    11-09-08 10:31 AM
    Look in your address ICON. You really do not sync directly to the DM this is used as a conduit to outlook
    11-09-08 10:34 AM
    Hi, I am stuck with my two days old BB 9000 Bold, first I could not get Googlemaps to work, now I am trying to sync my outlook contacts only but can not find a way to do it, I go tothe desktop manager and when trying to switch other device to blackberry I get this starnge language "Catalan" which I of course do not understan at all, also I can not get my BB to comunicatte via BT, I use one of this external dongle which I use without trouble with my Razr V3 but I am not able to do it with the BB, I upgraded the Desktop to the 4.7 but can not find a way tro import contacts, does anyone here know what could be happening.

Regards

TEEH
    12-22-08 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD