I have a BB 8830we with VZ as svc provider. I need some help. Ihave posted on here earlier regarding selling my BB because my company does not support BB service. I am considering keeping my BB and finding a work around. Here are my issues and need for help.

1. Message from our IT dept.: "Based on the security concerns we will be blocking access to Blackberry servers beginning May 15 2008". Is this possible? Can they prevent me from accessing my email through web access?

2. If I am able to continue using web access, how do I hide "Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry" in my signature. I have gone to the BIS website and changed my signature. I am obiously missing a step because the signature I created is not coming across and the "Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry" still is?

3. If I decide to keep my BB and get a second device just so I can get my email on the go, do you have a moderate to low cost suggestion? Device and service?
    04-25-08 08:22 AM
    I have a BB 8830we with VZ as svc provider. I need some help. Ihave posted on here earlier regarding selling my BB because my company does not support BB service. I am considering keeping my BB and finding a work around. Here are my issues and need for help.

1. Message from our IT dept.: "Based on the security concerns we will be blocking access to Blackberry servers beginning May 15 2008". Is this possible? Can they prevent me from accessing my email through web access?

2. If I am able to continue using web access, how do I hide "Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry" in my signature. I have gone to the BIS website and changed my signature. I am obiously missing a step because the signature I created is not coming across and the "Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry" still is?

3. If I decide to keep my BB and get a second device just so I can get my email on the go, do you have a moderate to low cost suggestion? Device and service?
    2.I figured out the sig problems, I won't explain unless someone wants to hear of my stupidity.
    Last edited by berry_nutty; 04-25-08 at 09:30 AM.
    04-25-08 08:35 AM
    I have a similar situation, we have corporate BES server and my IT dept will not allow me to setup my personal BB with the outlook wireless sync.

I setup my web access for email and have zero problems sending/receiving push email; however, there is probably a 5 minute lag time to receive the mail. I have heard there is a work around for this by routing the email thru google and then forwarding from google to BB but I have not tried it.

You will not have calendar and contacts sync with Outlook tho. Again, I have heard there is a work around for this with Google Calendar as a gateway between outlook and the BB, but I haven't tried it.

As far as removing the sent from Blackberry line....you can do that in the email account settings on your BB cell provider website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-08 08:56 AM
    3. I would keep the BB for email and forget about getting another device. You will become addicted very soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-08 08:59 AM
    I have my work email forward to my BB email account, and set up a Google calendar. It's a little more work but works just fine.
    04-25-08 09:23 AM
    Yes, your IT dept. can prevent you from getting your email outside of their internal system. There is obviously a security concern or they would not block access. Even if you somehow find a work around, you may be putting your employment in jeopardy as they will know their server is being accessed from outside. Personally, I would keep the BB for personal email and I would not go around their system to access work email.
    04-25-08 10:02 AM
    2.I figured out the sig problems, I won't explain unless someone wants to hear of my stupidity.
    Thank you for giving me the biggest chuckle of the day.

Glad you figured it out.
    04-25-08 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD