I'm trying to decide when and where i should actually throw some bones for a second-hand 8330.

Should I just score one now on ebay? or does the forum at large think i could pick one up for considerably cheaper in the marketplace after the tour is released? I know from cruisin the 9630 forums that a lot of ppl are ditching their curve 8330's for the tour and I didn't know if this would cause "supply and demand" to work in my favor either here or like ebay....

Just thinking about it because i'm getting really impatient and fed up with this lg flip-phone i'm sporting...
    07-01-09 07:13 PM
    I would definitely wait, prices may go down a couple weeks or at least a month after the tour is released. Why not just get a tour while your getting a blackberry? It's going to be a very nice phone from what I understand.
    07-01-09 07:15 PM
    For reference:

8330 ending bid on ebay is somewhere between $100 and $150.

sometimes LATE on thursday, friday, saturday nights you can pick one up for like 85-90 if you're lucky.
    07-01-09 07:19 PM
    i'm not eligible for upgrade

I mean, i am but i can't afford 200 right now. my NE2 is up in november and i can get it for half that then. i'm just looking for something to hold me over until november so i don't go bald.
    07-01-09 07:21 PM
    If it's something to just hold you over until November then Ebay would be a good place to get one. Just ask the seller for the ESN and call Verizon to make sure the ESN isn't blocked.
    07-01-09 07:28 PM
    Check Craigs List, I live in the Phoenix area and I saw a used one today for $80.
    07-01-09 07:39 PM
    There is a chance the price of the 8330 will go down after the Tour is released but there is no 100% guarantee that it will. Ultimately the choice is up to you. If you want to replace the phone that you are using now right away, then go for it. If you can hold out for a little while, then wait to see if prices drop.

Don't look on only eBay though. When you make your decision be sure to check out the Marketplace here, as well as Craigslist.
    07-01-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD