: i have a question not pertaining about ordering a phone may i askit?

Morris: Sure it will be my pleasure to assist you tonight

You: thank you, i was wondering if it would be possible to activate a sprint blackberry 8330 on your network

Morris: Unfortunately no, as the phones have different technologies, the sprint device would not work on the verizon network.

You: really i thought that both verizon and sprint are cdma networks

Morris: Both use the cdma network, although the way they use the signal is different.

my convo with a verizon associate, is wat he sayin true?
    05-29-11 09:14 PM
    CDMA carriers keep a database of the ESNs of all devices with their branding. Most CDMA carriers such as VZW and Sprint will not active devices with another carrier's branding. So you cannot use a Sprint device on VZW and vice-versa.

The way the networks are used is not different. They just require their own branding in order to activate.
    05-29-11 09:18 PM
    k thank u just wanted another explanation
    05-29-11 09:22 PM
    u think verizon would let me get a 9330 for a upgrad price if i say that someone stole my phone, in reality i dropped it in the atlantic ocean... i know smhh
    05-29-11 09:23 PM
    u think verizon would let me get a 9330 for a upgrad price if i say that someone stole my phone, in reality i dropped it in the atlantic ocean... i know smhh
    Whether it is lost or stolen does not matter. Insurance covers both. However, the insurance only allows one to replace the device that was lost or stolen. So you would get a refurbished model of the same device you had previously after paying a deductible.
    05-29-11 09:37 PM
    ok i wish i had gotten a 1 year contract cuz i really miss my bb, but that is besides the fact... i jus really need a phone at this point lol
    05-29-11 09:41 PM
    ok i wish i had gotten a 1 year contract cuz i really miss my bb, but that is besides the fact... i jus really need a phone at this point lol
    Verizon stopped selling 1 year contracts this year, if you didn't know already.
    Just purchase one on Craigslist if you really need a new device.
    05-29-11 10:21 PM
    Craigslist can yield a bounty of possibilities, but use caution and make sure the device has a clean ESN/MEID before you lay your money down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-11 10:28 PM
    what is the esn/meid
    05-29-11 10:49 PM
    what is the esn/meid
    Electronic Serial Numbers (ESNs) were created by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to uniquely identify mobile devices.
    If the device has a bad ESN, you can't use the device.
    05-29-11 11:14 PM
    what is the esn/meid
    MEID superceded the ESN numbers. It stands for Mobile Equipment ID. An ESN is 11 digits long, an MEID is 18. A CDMA device is identified by either of these unique numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-11 11:26 PM
    Your best option if you use Craigslist is to arrange to meet the seller at a VZW store. That way you can check out the device, the VZW folks can check out the ESN/MEID, and no money is exchanged until you know the device works and can be activated on VZW's network.
    05-29-11 11:48 PM
    why i love this forum, did some research on craiglist n found some reasonable prices, gunna find out tuesday what they would charge for a deductable i think first tho, thank u u guys
    05-30-11 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD